Chai Sai — an Interesting take on chai paratha

This place has an interesting take on one of the most common Indian snacks — chai paratha. They have a huge variety of teas, ranging from the desi varieties to super-herb ones, and they've also got some really innovative ideas with the paratha.
They have a couple of tables inside and a couple of them out. I went there at night and this restaurant was deserted. I was the only customer. It took a long time for the waiter to come and take my order - perhaps because they weren't expecting a customer and also couldn't see someone sitting, from inside the kitchen.
Once the waiter was here, I ordered a dabeli cheese paratha and a vada pav. I was really hungry and thought I'd get the vada-pav soon and can start with it. But it came after the paratha. Bummer.
The vada-pav was good but could have been better especially from a place which specializes in tea and the snacks had along with tea.
Vada-pav
The dabeli cheese paratha was great. It was a little too spicy, but since I personally love spicy food, I enjoyed it.
Dabeli cheese paratha

That's how it looks dissected

I wanted to end my meal with one of their interesting teas and so after waiting for a while the waiter finally appeared and I ordered the mulathi tea whose description says that it has a "sweet smelling essence". This one had overpowering flavours of some spice and that totally took away from the comforting feeling of having chai.
Mulathi tea
After a few days I decided to give it another shot. This time I had the paratha burger. This one was delicious. It is a burger patty that sits in between two slices of thick paratha (instead of a bun). The flavours of this were right and you could get the best of both worlds.
Paratha burger
This time I thought of going for a regular tea so I had the karak chai. It was good, but again nothing exceptional.
They are a bit under-staffed. There was one person who was serving, preparing the food, and handling the cashier too; which was a bit of a turn-off for me from the hygiene point of view.
The prices though are very reasonable and if you want to try something innovative and get a value for your buck, you can definitely check this place out.



Chai Sai Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?