Golden Dragon

 This is an Asian restaurant in Oud Metha where I was invited to try out the food.


It has a nice décor with an Oriental feel to it. We went for an early dinner on a weekday and it was quite empty. By the time we were getting done, the place had almost got full.


We started with the chicken satay which was served with peanut sauce. It tasted good although it had a flavour of coconut to it which I wish was mentioned beforehand.


The next appetiser was the fish in honey chilli mustard. It tasted really delicious although it was a different than expected and also looked different from the picture in the menu. 

We were expecting it to be something like this:


Whereas it had a semi-gravy to it and had a bit of a creamy texture too.


For the mains, we had the Thai lemongrass rice with chicken. This tasted great; the flavour of lemongrass could have been more prominent though. I could taste the flavour in only some of the bites.


The other item dish we had was the prawn Pad Thai. This was just about average. 



For our dessert, we had the fried ice-cream. This has an crunchy outer coating and inside there's an ice-cream. It was coconut flavoured, and while I'm not a very big fan, it was quite good.




I saw iced milo on the menu and I was quite excited as not many places serve it. Unfortunately the Milo was out of stock.

The food overall was nice, though some of the items were a bit different than expected. 

I have also visited this restaurant previously before where I enjoyed the food more than I did this time.



Golden Dragon Restaurant - مطعم جولدن دراجن Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?