Sangam Veg Restaurant

This is located in Oud Metha, and though it is on the main road, I had rarely seen it while driving. I saw it on Zomato and we decided to go to there and that when I ended up finding it. 

I was looking for Indian vegetarian restaurants on Zomato and this one came up. We anted to have North Indian food and its menu showed both North Indian and South Indian food items, and so we went there. 
Before ordering the mains, we ordered a veg pakoda since we were really hungry. These tasted pretty good, though were quite oily. 

We had a couple of soups too. The cream of tomato was nice and tangy, but it felt like there was food colouring in it. It looked really bright orange. 

The hot n sour soup was spicy. Since I love it this way, I really liked it, but it might be a bit too spicy for most. 

We also called for a masala papad to munch on. Initially the waiter gave it on another table since even they had ordered it, but then the waiter who was serving us apologised for the delay and made sure we got ours soon. The papad though was fried and not roasted, of which I'm not a big fan especially when it comes to masala papad. Also, it got soggy real quick and I didn't really enjoy it. 

For mains, they have quite a good selection of vegetables. One of them that we ordered was the sabz-e-kofta makhmali. This one contains koftas of mixed vegetables along with paneer, and is made in a yellowish-orange gravy. This one was not bad. 
(We were so hungry, that I do not have a proper picture)

The next one was the veg kadai. We had asked the waiter for something that had a different gravy, but he still recommended this one which was quite similar. This one is a melange of fresh vegetables made in a semi-dry orange gravy. 
This tasted pretty good and fresh. 

We had this with the tandoori roti and a kerala paratha both of which were good. 



For sweets, we had a gulab jamun. It was hot, and tasted alright. 

The food overall has spices on the lesser side; some might like it that way as it tastes more homely and simple, but for me, I would prefer something with more prominent flavours. 







Sangam Restaurant & Sweets Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?