Purple Potato Sticks

I'm always on the lookout for new things and especially something that people might find odd. The usual is too clichéd, and then again, you've got just one life, so I always to try out new stuff, especially food.

The other day in Singapore I was just strolling through a 7-11 convenience store for something to munch on.
I've been to a lot of countries and I always see some different types of snack everywhere.

Here I saw a purpleish packet that really caught my eye. It read "real purple potato sticks". It took me a minute to make sure that I had read it right. Turns out I had.


NOI real purple potato sticks
The packet


Now I'm a hug fan of potato and can eat it all day, but I had never come across a purple potato before.

I was really looking forward to see what they taste like.

I bought it. The packet had a few small packs in it, and each of them had a few sticks. This too was a bit amusing for me.
I like this idea since you do not need to eat all of the sticks once you open the packet. You can eat just a few of them and the rest will remain crisp for a long time as they're unopened.


purple potato stick
5 mini packets inside


The potato sticks were really crisp. From the photo  I did not expect them to be so crisp. They were cut long, just like french fries. They tasted better than sticks made from the normal off-white potato. Also, I could get more flavour of the potato than the artificial flavouring. This was really nice because mostly it is the flavouring that is put on it that which plays a major role on how something tastes that the main ingredient itself.


purple potato snack
Crisp and flavourful

This, (ironically) turned out to be something that I "Couldn't eat just one".

I haven't seen them anywhere else after that. Though I think they're available in Thailand and Malaysia as well.

Now at least I got to know that there exists a potato that is purple in colour!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?