Dabang kathi and curry - new menu

The name Dabang itself is really catchy and filmy, and their food also is really Dabang!

It is an outlet located in the food court of Marina mall, and I didn't have much expectations from this, but I gave it a shot when they invited me to try out their newly launched menu and it certainly surpassed my expectations. 

They've recently got chef Sohan Bhandari who was heading a very well known chain of an Indian restaurant in the city. They've also revamped their menu to include some really interesting items.

We started with the samosa chana chaat. It was made pretty well; not too soggy, but just the right amount of ingredients, and it tasted great.

Then they got us some onion bhajiya and said these are the chef's special. I wondered as to how different could onion bhajiyas get. Oh boy I was wrong. These were perhaps the best onion bhajiyas I've had. They were really crispy and were sprinkled with the chef's special masala on it. I had never though I would find this dish so irresistible. You should definitely try it if you want a bite to munch on.

Next we had the amritsari chicken tikka. Succulent pieces of chicken prepared in a well marinated masala. This really tasted good.

If you want a vegetarian alternative to that, you got to try the tandoori soya chaap. These were really soft, and I must admit that I liked this more than the chicken.

They also have the watermelon salad which was really fresh. Although, salad isn't something I would be eating here given the fact that they have a lot of other traditional Indian items.

Dabang also serves some nice chicken wings. I wondered how would they taste here, but they were prepared in a nice tangy and spicy sauce; something similar to the one used to prepare Indo-Chinese momos. It was finger licking good. 

For the mains we had the pindi chana along with the onion cheese kulcha. This simple dish too was made to taste really delicious by the chef.

We also had the chicken tikka masala which had a nice gravy to it. Not too sweet and not too spicy; had the right amount of flavours. 

The soya chaap masala was also worth every bite. 

Finally, we had the chicken tikka biryani. I personally like the tikka biryani more than the regular one, and not many places make it well. The one here was really good though. The chicken was soft; the biryani had a nice aroma and a flavour to it. 

For desserts, we had the shahi tukda, which came as a pleasant surprise for me from an outlet in a food court. This was made with their own little twist to it and tasted a bit different (in a good way) than the ones I've usually had. Definitely worth having if you have a sweet tooth. 

Last but not the least, we had the mango panacotta. This was topped with crushed Lotus biscuit which was a nice touch. The consistency and the taste of this one could have been a bit better though. 

Ending the meal with a hot cuppa chai is always a good idea.

Overall, I totally loved their new menu. We were being served by Aarang and she was really attentive and super friendly. The dishes are interesting and have their own touch to it, and they taste superb too!

Click here to salivate 

Dabang Kathi & Curry Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?