Yo Sushi

I like to try out new sushi places. Yo sushi is a very well known outlet, although it was my first tie trying it out. 
They have the conveyor belt sushi offers too, but we just opted for the regular dine-in. 

We started with the smoked salmon and cream cheese roll. It had some cucumber in it too, and I liked the combination of salmon with the cream cheese.

After this we had the dynamite roll. If you like a bit of spicy flavours then this one is great. It's got salmon, chill oil, and avocado that's rolled in crispy onion, and topped with sriracha and mayo. A burst of flavours there. 


For a quick bite, we ordered the popcorn shrimp. This is tempura shrimp drizzled with sweet shiro miso and chilli sauce. I would have liked this to be a bit on the spicy side instead of sweet. 


For the accompaniments, we called for a prawn Yakisoba. I was expecting an average sized portion of the noodles, but this was quite small. The taste was not bad.


We thought the two of us would be full after all of this, but I had to order something more as I was still hungry. 
I had a portion of chicken karaage, which is crunchy fried chicken in soy and ginger. It was good enough. 


The food taste overall was not bad, but service was average. The staff weren't too attentive and it took more time than usual for the food to be served. Also, portion sizes were much smaller than expected. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?