Muchachas

 This is a Mexican restaurant located in Al Safa and they invited me to try out their food. It's located in an area which I never would have though has a nice restaurant. 



The interiors are really nice. It's not too big, but feels cozy. They've kept the vibe casual. The place also serves alcohol.



We started with some mocktails. I really loved the red trouble. It's got chilli, mint, raspberry, lime and soda. The raspberry and chilli combination was great. It might get a tad bit spicy for some, but worth trying if you like spicy stuff.



The other mocktail was el dorado. It's got lemongrass, rosemary, lemon, elderflower, apple and soda. It has a flowery, yet tangy taste to it, and was quite good. 


We munched on some nachos with guacamole as they got us our food.



We started with their chicken wings. It had a nice flavour to it. I would have liked it a bit more spicy though. 



Something really interesting was the snapper ceviche. It's a cold appetiser that's got snapper (fish) in it along with some vegetables and it cured in lemon. It was served along with plantain chips. The combination was something I would have never imagined. It's a very different combination, and worth a shot if you want to get experimental.



Then they got us the street style corn. It was corn on cob with a few spices and lot of melted cheese. I've had corn on cob many times, but never with melted cheese on it, and it was fantastic.



Sope is a famous Mexican street food item. It is like a mini open taco. We had the chicken sope. The chicken topping itself tasted good, but the base was a bit chewy.



We tried their chicken tacos which were great. 



What I liked even more were the avocado tacos. These tasted really flavourful.



Lastly, we had their churros. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, and I'm certainly not a big fan of churros. But these were irresistible. They were served hot, were crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, and were not too sweet. I couldn't stop after a bite. 



Overall, I quite liked the place. Most of the dishes were really good. Some of them could have been better. The service too was quick.






Muchachas - Holiday Inn Express Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?