Barbeque Nation

Barbeque Nation is widely known in India and it is my favorite restaurants for unlimited barbeque and food. 
In Dubai, they've been around for about a year, but I hadn't visited them until this day. They were promoting this to other nationalities too and so there was a competition on Radio Spice where I had to nominate a non-Indian friend of mine and we could win invites for two. I nominated, and I won !
I went there along with a Filipino friend of mine. 

They have a huge buffet laid out and they also get the grills on your table. 
food blogger dubai
interiors

They have live stations too. There was one where they were grilling meats, one where they were grilling vegetables, and a chaat counter too. 
We took some fish from the live grill. This tasted really delicious. It was well cooked, soft and had a great flavor to it. 
I also took a pani-puri from the chaat counter. It was okay. 
They also had keema-pav. It is one of my favorite snack, and I loved this one. 
food blogger dubai live grill at barbecue nation
live grill

food blogger dubai  fish
fish from the live grill

food blogger dubai keema pav
keema pav

They've got a few salads too - coleslaw, pasta salad, potato salad, fattoush, cous cous salad etc., but given the lovely selection of the barbeque, I hardly focused on these. 

Each table has a grill within it. They keep getting fresh barbeque meat and refilling the grill as and when required. It consists of chicken, fish, prawns and more. Apart from that, there are also a few starters which they serve directly on your plate. These include mutton sheekh kebab, crispy corn, chicken wings, cajun spiced potato to name a few. 
I love potatoes and the cajun spiced potato is one of my favorite starters here. Another starter which I really liked is the Mutton Sheekh Kebab. This one was soft and flavorful. 
food blogger dubai live grill on table
live grill on table

food blogger dubai cajun spiced potato
cajun spiced potato


food blogger dubai chicken wings
chicken wings

Now I'm a crazy prawn lover, and I usually end up liking prawns. The ones that I had here could have been better. I wouldn't say they were bad, but I had more expectations form these guys. It felt like the prawn lacked taste. 

By the time we were done with the starters, we were quite full and had to take a little break, or what I would like to call a 'strategic time-out', before we moved to the mains. 

For the main course there were mostly Indian dishes, and a few international ones too. 
I loved the Paneer Butter masala. I could get the nice taste of the gravy and the paneer was soft.  I also liked the mustard and cheese baked chicken; mouth-watering. They also had burmese fish khow suey. The way it was kept was interesting. It tasted nice. 
The veg handi was okay. They serve you the roti / naan on your table. 
food blogger dubai paneer butter masala
paneer butter masala


food blogger dubai mustard cheese baked chicken
mustard and cheese baked chicken


food blogger dubai burmese fish khow suey
burmese fish khow suey

What was also interesting is that they had three types of Biryani - Chicken, Mutton, and vegetarian; as well as steamed rice. It's nice to know that thy cater to all kinds of customers. I took the chicken biryani. It was just about okay. 
food blogger dubai chicken biryani
chicken biryani

As for the drinks, they do have quite a few in their menu which I saw later, but they didn't give us much choice that time. There were soft drinks and fresh lime soda. I asked the waiter what else is there and he cheekily said that the fresh lime soda is nice. Since this is an unlimited buffet place, it seems like a tactic to only promote soda based drinks. 

Moving on to sweet endings... They've got some interesting Indian desserts. Starting with the live kulfi-falooda counter where you can choose from six different flavors of kulfi which is then cut and served on a plate with falooda and some other delicious toppings. I chose the malai kulfi and it was really amazing. 
They had makhan vada (balushashi) which I don't see at too many places, the Arabic dessert mohalabia, chocolate brownie which was good too, the mawa barfi which left me craving for more, and of-course the gulab jamun which is a must at Indian restaurants. But my favorite was the rava kesari halwa. It had a lovely flavour of saffron and a lovely texture to it. It was heavenly.
food blogger dubai desserts sweets
desserts

food blogger dubai kulfi falooda
kulfi falooda


food blogger dubai chocolate brownie, gulab jamun, kesari halwa, mawa barfi indian sweet dessert
chocolate brownie, gulab jamun, kesari halwa, mawa barfi

My fillipino friend also loved the desserts a lot. 

The barbeque nation in India used to make me go wow
This one was good. It was very good, but the wow factor was missing. Sure, for that price point, it is certainly worth it and the variety is so much, that in the end you just give up!

RJ Mansi also took a live video of us when we were there. See if you can spot me :)






Barbeque Nation Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?