Bikanervala

If you're looking for Indian fast food and want a good variety, this is the place. After been to the other outlets, I visited the one in Barsha. 

Finding a parking spot during the evening may not be so easy.

To start with, we had a plate of pani puri each. This one is really delicious. The "pani" is spicy and has the right amount of spices to it. Along with that they give you the mix of spiced potatoes, chana, and moong. We didn't like the one which they gave initially, so they made us a fresh one. 
food blogger dubai pani puri masala

They give you a pack of puris with it, and you can add the things as per your liking. Of-course, this doesn't give the feel of standing there and eating while they make and give you, but the taste is really good, so I don't mind. 
food blogger dubai pani puri

After this, I had the "mutter kulcha". This is one of my favourite dishes in Bikanervala. I've had it so many times, and really love it. This dish isn't a kulcha made of mutter (peas), if that's what you were expecting. It is something else. I can loosely describe it as spicy chick peas served with hot & fluffy bread. You can see in the picture what it is like. You've got to try this one. 

food blogger dubai mutter kulcha ragda

After this, I was a little tempted by their chaat offerings; the lachha tokri looked especially interesting, so I ordered one. When it was served, it was just about okay. It had a weird taste to it; also, it had too much of curd in it. It felt like I was just having flavored curd. 
food blogger dubai lachha tokri basket chaat

They've got a wide range of desserts too. I was in the mood for something 'desi' and I ordered a matka kulfi - malai flavor. This was frozen and quite hard to eat at first, but after some time, it tasted really delicious. It's got the pistachio garnishing on top and tastes nice and creamy. 
food blogger dubai matka kulfi kullad malai

The staff of this place weren't all that friendly. It seemed like they just wanted to get done with the work. 

Overall, the food is good, but I've had a better experience in their other outlets. 



Bikanervala Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?