Double B Cafe

This is a coffee shaop that has opened recently, and I've been seeing the photos on social media, and I couldn't wait to try it out. 
It is located in Citywalk near the fountain, and has seating inside as well as outside. 
I really like the ambience inside; it doesn't feel like a typical coffee shop (the kind you can have your meetings at), but is something that gives a feel that the people behind this really love what they're doing. 


The colour scheme is green, white, and brown, and that's different yet pleasing to the eye. 

We started with their Hario V60 which is a slow-brewed coffee. They used beans from Nairobi for this one. I really liked it. They also gave us dates with it, which complemented the flavour well.

The next is the much heard cherry chocolate latte. Initially I was a bit apprehensive as to how would this combination taste, but it tasted really nice. It was creamy, and the flavour of cherry wasn't over-powering. It was well balanced.

Then we tried their coconut and almond flat white. Being someone who isn't a fan of coconut, I took a very small sip. Loved it. Could barely stop after that. I think this was the one I liked the most here. It has an exrtremely mild taste of coconut. 

Of-course I couldn't miss out on their much talked about "cloud". The cloud was served along with black coffee. The cloud is basically candy floss, and as you know it, it can soon start "melting" or whatever you'd like to call it, and bit by bit, it would start falling in the coffee and would taste like caramel (since it is primarily sugar), so you need to have it fast. On the cloud was this cokkie of sorts, made from almond / peanut; though it tasted more like a toffee which was goey and we loved it. I liked the concept of this one. It is really appealing.

The prices are a bit high. I think you'd go here only if you want something different from the ordinary. Also, they serve only coffee and tea, and no food at all.


Double B Coffee & Tea Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?