Cross Cultural Cafe

If you've heard about this cafe, there is a good chance that you heard that it is based on the F.R.I.E.N.D.S theme. Though they do not explicitly promote it as one, you can see their logo has a striking resemblance to the fictional "Central Perk" cafe form the series. They have also used the word "friends" prominently in different instances in their marketing which would lead you to believe so. 

I was invited here as one of the bloggers for a review. When I entered, I did not quite see a similarity between this place and the fictional cafe from the series; there was that orange couch though. I think that is pretty much where the resemblance ends. 
The place is called "Cross Cultural Cafe" because it is a multi-cuisine restaurant. 

We started with some lemon mint juice which was refreshing and not too tangy, but a bit sweetish. 

We then had the sambusek which were not too bad. 

I quite liked the hara bhara kebab though. It was served hot and was flavourful. 

The satay weren't exactly rave-worthy. 

The camel steak looked really interesting when served, and did taste pretty good, especially when we added the sauces that they served with it. 

We had some quesadillas too, and these had a good filling inside, and tasted good when they were served hot. 

The food overall was just average. Also, marketing the restaurant in a way that implies it revolves around the famous series when in reality it does not, is misleading. 
The other way to look at it is without having any expectations that it is based on the "friends" series and focus just on the food aspect, but then it becomes just a multi-cuisine restaurant which serves Arabic, Italian, Mexican and Asian cuisines; which by itself I personally find a weird combination. When I see "Kung Pao chicken" and "assorted baklava" in the same menu, it does make me a bit uncomfortable. 


Cross Cultural Cafe & Bistro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Follow me on Instagram to know about great places and food in Dubai. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?