Khofo - Egyptian cuisine

This is an Egyptian restaurant in Al Seef where I was invited to try out the food. I really liked the fact that the servers were wearing traditional Egyptian costume. They have seating on the creek level as well as upstairs where they serve shisha. Both levels have an indoor as well as an outdoor seating area. 

We started with the Pharonic (Egyptian) drinks
The first one was the sugarcane juice - a simple one but I really liked the taste of this, and I haven't seen it at too many places. 

The other one was the Karkadee which is a traditional Egyptian juice made from Roselle - a type of hibiscus. This has a sweet and a bit of a sour flavour to it which I really liked. 

We started with the Khofo special hummus - it is a platter with three types of hummus that have three different flavours. There is a green one which is an avocado flavour with shrimps, the traditional white one with meat, and a pink one which is sweet pepper flavour. All three of them were delicious. The consistency was right, and the flavours were well balanced. 

They also have beetroot moutabel which looked appealing and tasted good too. If you like moutabel, you should try this out. 

Among the more traditional middle Eastern appetisers were the sambosek. There was the cheese one which I really liked, the meat sambosek was fantastic too. The spinach wasn't too bad either. 

We then had the potato fondant which I totally loved. The potato had cheese inside it and had some delicious spices coated on it. 

We then had the Twosret which is a dish named after an Egyptian queen. The dish has potatoes in a tomato sauce that is served along with roasted chicken and rice on the side. This tasted really good and I liked the combination of the saucy potatoes along with the chicken and rice. 

For dessert, we had Kunafa with dates and zalabia. It was shaped like a pyramid and wasn't as cheesy as I would expect it, but was good enough. 

The service here wasn't as expected. I sat outside and was waiting for my friend for a few minutes during which not a single server came and asked me if I needed something. Also, the waiter who was serving us later had trouble understanding us. I'm not sure if he had problems understanding English or in general there was a communication gap, and he had to send another server to attend to us. 

Follow me on Instagram to know about great places and food in Dubai.

Khofo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?