Indian Kitchen - JLT

This restaurant serves Indian as well as Indo-Chinese cuisine that that we were invited to try out. 

The ambience is just about average and perhaps that is one thing which put me off. They could do so much better. 

We started with some beverages. I liked the jal jeera which had soda in it. The mango lassi was good too. Not overly sweet or thick.

For starters we had a non veg platter. I really liked the fish tikka in it. It was soft and flavourful. The mutton seekh was also really good. It could have been a bit softer but nothing to complain about. The chicken tikka was not bad either. 

In the vegetarian platter, the hara bhara kebab was good, and so was the cauliflower. However, I did not like the mushroom; this had a weird taste to it. 

The chicken lollipop was crispy and the chicken tasted good too, especially along with the sauce that was served. 

The chili chicken not only looked tempting but also tasted good. It was really spicy and I personally loved it, although it may be a bit too spicy for some. 

Among the mains, the Goan prawn curry caught my attention and I had to try this one. I really liked this one. It had the coconut flavours, and the spices were mild but flavourful. I wouldn't say this is the best one out there, but it was quite good. 

I also totally relished the kadai paneer; although this had more gravy than usual. The paneer was soft, and it had a spicy and creamy orange gravy to it. 

Butter chicken is something that most of us love, and so we tried this too. It looked great but tasted just about okay. 

We had it with a basket of assorted Indian breads which were really good. 


We also ordered some egg noodles after that. The taste was nice, and I liked the egg on it too. The noodles were red in colour; I was expecting them to be white. 

For dessert, they only had the gulab jamun and kheer. Both of which were not bad, but then not rave-worthy either. 



The food overall is good, and they do have some really interesting items. The ambience though isn't something I personally liked. 

Click here to salivate.  
India Kitchen Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?