Downtown Cafe Karama

A very catchy name, though it was a little misleading for me since I was expecting this cafe to be in Downtown, and not in Karama. When I read the reviews online and saw the photos, I definitely wanted to check this cafe out. 



As soon as you enter, you notice the lovely interiors. According to me this would be the cafe with the best interiors in Karama for that price point. The lighting is yellow and there is a lot of use of wood. They also have a bookshelf, and a lot of other antique artifacts too
 
They have a good selection of teas and coffees. I ordered an affogato (espresso with ice-cream) and my friend ordered a saffron tea. The affogato was great and was served in a nice cup really nice cup; the saffron tea though was just about okay. We were definitely expecting better



Later, we ordered a Prawn basket. It consists of a few small pieces of fried prawns in an 
edible basket. This dish was more or less a disappointment. The prawns didn't taste appetizing and the edible basket that they were served in was a bit sweet (biscuit-like) which did not complement the prawns at all 

Another time when I had gone there we ordered the karak tea. This too was just about okay. I also ordered the bulls-eye, which was really nice ; served with some potato wedges and a piece of garlic bread on the side

The service too is nice, and the staff is friendly which is one of the main factors which might make me go there again





Downtown Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Golden Dragon