Khao Siam 45

This is a newly started Thai restaurant in Business Bay; more precisely in Baywaters Towers. It might be a bit hard to find, but use the map location and it will lead you to the building. Park in the building and from the parking, go towards the other side where you'll find this restaurant. 

Khao Siam in Thai means Rice of Thailand and 45 is an auspicious number as it adds up to 9. 

They source a lot of their ingredients to maintain the authentic taste which I was invited to try out.

I started with the poh pia phak (deep fried vegetable spring rolls). These were served on a bed of fried noodles, and sweet chilli sauce on the side. These tasted quite good though I wouldn't say the best. 

Next was the famous Thai soup Tom Yam goong which is a tangy and spicy soup and was made with shrimp (goong). This was a tad bit different than the ones I've usually had. I bit more tangy and hot. Pretty good overall. 

For the mains too, there was one of my favourite Thai dishes - the gang kiew wan (Green curry with chicken). It was a bit yellowish in colour than usual and I liked the pronounced flavour of the Thai spices used in it. It also had a nice consistency and a coconuty flavour. 

A very popular Thai street food item that's also a main course is Pad Thai goong. I really like the bean sprouts and the crushed peanuts in this that give it a peculiar flavour. This could have been a bit better overall, and I felt that the quantity of shrimp in this was a bit less. 

The dessert was the classic mango and sticky rice. I found the rice to be a little dry. I like mine to have more coconut milk in it which makes it softer. The taste overall was good enough though. 

The staff is friendly and greeted me with a smile and was attentive throughout. 

That being said, the place was smaller than I expected. There is seating for about 15 people and the tables felt a bit too close to each other. 
The owner was there herself that day and I really like how she is passionate about the food that they prepare.  

Click here to salivate.  
Khao Siam 45 Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?