Socialicious - Asian fusion

I've seen this restaurant a few times while passing by, and had had tea here a while ago, but this time I was invited by a friend of mine to try out the food here. 

It is a really nice place, although not very big. They have seating indoors and a little bit of outdoors as well.

They have a lot of interesting items, and we wanted to try them all. 

We started with the chef's special mocktail. It doesn't have a specific name as far as I know but is available on request. It is watermelon based and has the chef's secret ingredients in it. We took a sip and totally loved it. With a hint of spice to it, the combination was just amazing.
top food bloggers dubai

We started with the tom kha chicken soup. Loved the flavour of the coconut milk in it, as well as the spicy overtones. It felt really comforting and was served along with some crackers on the side. 

Being a big fan of shrimps, I had to try out the prawn skewers. Coated with some lovely spices and served with peanut sauce on the side, these tasted delicious. I just couldn't stop at one. 

We saw the Thai smoked corn cakes on the menu and were intrigued. We ordered these. It definitely looked interesting with some crispy fried noodles on top. I took a bite and it tasted alright. I did expect more. I wouldn't say it was bad, but something felt a bit off. 

If you are the kind who likes to mix sweet and savoury, then try the chicken waffle. I'm personally not a big fan, and the waffle along with the chicken does feel a tad bit dry too. It isn't overly sweet like a dessert, but does have the sweetish tones to the waffle. Some of my friends really enjoy it, but it is not something I'd like to indulge in. 

They have sliders too, and we tried the prawn pattice slider. This slider is similar to a bao since that's the bread it uses instead of the usual one. Inside, as you must have guessed, is a prawn patty. This tasted flavourful and I really enjoyed having it. The buns have the Socialicious logo baked on them; alongside you also get really good sweet potato fries.

For the dessert, they suggested baked yoghurt. I was wondering what this might be. Well, no surprises, it was yoghurt that was baked. You have to try it to believe it. It is topped with some fresh fruits. This was something unique which I hadn't had before. It is just mildly sweet, and we finished it within no time. Definitely try this out. 

We called for another glass of the chef's special mockktail. This time it didn't taste exactly the same. As much as I appreciate restaurants having special items, I detest the lack of consistency and this was a let down for me. 

We were almost done with our meal and thought of trying out one of the various different kinds of teas that they offer. I had the sakura allure tea which is the cherry blossom flavour tea, and is served in a big pot enough for 2-3 people. It was the perfect beverage to end our meal with. 

Click here to salivate.  

Socialicious Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?