Malolo Poke

I've been a fan of poke since I had it the first time, and we decided to check this one out since we were in the vicinity. 
As soon as we entered, there was a weird smell' we kinda let it go.

They have poke bowls which you can customize as well as the pre-set ones. We chose customization.

I wanted the one with crab, but they were out of crab that evening. So I chose shrimp as the protein. For my base, I had quinoa, topped it with zucchini, purple cabbage, red onions, and edamame. For the sauce, I took the wasabi cream, and then sesame and crispy onion as the topping. I liked the flavours of this. The wasabi did get a bit too strong towards the end. The shrimp tasted just average I felt though. 

The other poke bowl that my friend customized had the base of kale. Along with it there was salmon as the protein, some zucchini, mango, and he chose the Malolo sauce. This is a sauce with some a good flavour, a tad bit sweetish and spicy. It did taste good overall. 

I'm not sure if it was a co-incidence or what, but sadly the next day both of us had a stomach upset. 

Perhaps it was the food here; and maybe it was only bad that day (remember the weird smell I mentioned in the beginning). I don't think I am willing to take my chances here next time though. 

Malolo Poke Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?