Vivaldi by Alfredo Russo

This restaurant is  by celebrity chef Alfredo Russo and I was thrilled to be invited by a friend for a 4 course meal. The restaurant is located beside the creek and has a romantic feel to it. They have outdoor seating too which was pleasant during the good weather. 

The other day, there was not one but four Michelin starred chefs who prepared the meals for us - Alfredo Russo, Silvia Baracchi, Enrico Gerli, Gaetano Simonato - and we also got to meet them later. 

They got us some bread to start with as we waited for the food. 

For the first course, we had Taleggio foam with truffle. It was a foamy truffle mushroom soup. It had the right consistency to it. The Taleggio cheese gave it a subtle thickness and the cheesy flavour to it. At the bottom of the mug, there was some mashed potato which was quite a pleasant surprise and I totally loved this dish overall. 
This was prepared by chef Alfredo Russo

Then we had the chicken liver praline with pistachios, red cabbage, and saffron pears. The combination itself sounded really weird to me, and I'm not a fan of liver either but I was looking forward to see what does it taste like. It did look like a piece of art as expected from a restaurant of this calibre, but it did not appeal to my palate. 
This was prepared by chef Silvia Baracchi.

For our mains, we had Ravioli with broccoli, wild broccoli and pecorino. I loved the texture of this one. The ravioli had the broccoli sauce on it and pecorino cheese  - the flavours were well balanced felt really comforting. 
This was prepared by chef Alfredo Russo.

After this we had Duck in two ways with savoy cabbage, shitake mushroom and lentil. There was also a crispy fried lettuce on top. Now I usually like duck, but this one was a bit hard form outside. The filling inside did taste quite nice, but I found it really chewy. Again, this wasn't something that I personally enjoyed. 
This was prepared by chef Enrico Gerli

For our first dessert, we had the creamy ricotta with lemon, chestnut cream and coffee scent. It looked fantastic when served. I took a bite and I found it a bit bland. I wasn't getting a prominent flavour in it. Also, I did not find the flavours to be well complementing each other. 
This was prepared by chef Silvia Baracchi

For the second dessert and our final dish for the day, we had All the colours of chocolate. This consisted of three types of chocolate as you must have guessed - white, milk, and dark. All of them had a different texture and were really delicious. I liked the dark one the most, but the other two were really nice too. I think it was perhaps the best ending to the meal that I could ask for. 
This was prepared by chef Tano Saimonato

There were a few dishes which I loved, and few which I detested. It was a mixed bag overall. Perhaps my palate is yet to get accustomed to some of these dishes. The ambience was great though. 

Follow me on Instagram to know about great places and food in Dubai.
Vivaldi by Alfredo Russo - Sheraton Dubai Creek Hotel & Towers Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?