Fujya Japanese restaurant

I have been to quite a few Japanese restaurants but none came close to the experience that I had here. I was invited to try out the delicious food here.

They have seating indoors as well as outdoors. We sat outdoors for the barbeque. They started by setting up the bbq set at our table. It started with various types of wagyu. The first was the thinly sliced one (2.5mm) that they grilled. This was really delicious.

Then was the thickly sliced wagyu (3.5mm). This too was juicy and really flavourful; we could barely keep our hands off it.

For the sushi, we started with the dragon roll. This one was a tad bit dry I felt, but did not taste bad.

Then we had the salmon and tuna nigiri which was pretty good.

if you're a fan of unagi (eel) you would like the one they have. It had some bbq sauce on it and had a god flavour to it.

After that, we moved on to a selection of chicken yakitori. There were five assorted types; my favourite one was the chicken meatballs. i found these irresistible.

The chicken karaage here was certainly among the best ones I've had. It was not oily, but flavourful. it was crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.

The edamame beans were plain salted and a good accompaniment with the food.

We then had the sea-weed salad. I'm not a very big fan of sea-weed, but I must say that the flavours were well balanced and I really like it.

They then grilled some chicken wings for us. These were really juicy, and without too much of spices, tasted really nice. They also grilled salmon in a foil (as can be seen in the pic below) that had a good flavour to it.

For our desserts, we had the matcha roll with black sesame ice-cream. The matcha was strong and flavourful, and the ice-cream too had a prominent taste which complemented the matcha very well.

The next dessert was the mochi. While it did not look all that appealing, this was definitely the best mochi that I've had till date. For someone like me who doesn't go crazy over dessert, it was hard to stop myself after having three of these. I highly recommend trying it out.

We were being served by Diane who was preparing the barbeque for us, and Akio who was really attentive and friendly and made sure we had a great dining experience there.

They also have an unlimited barbeque buffet for AED 199, as well as a selection of Japanese liquor.
They also have closed dining rooms for small groups, and since the place isn't all that big, a prior reservation is recommended.

Click here to salivate.

Fujiya Japanese Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?