Kulfilicious - Al Nahda

This is definitely the place where I have seen the widest range of kulfi offerings, and I was eagerly looking forward when I was invited to try out their new outlet.

They have kulfis as a stick, or you can even have it cut into pieces and served in a bowl.

The paan flavour was really nice, and you can't go wrong with this one. You feel like you're having paan.

The avocado flavour was something different and I hadn't had it before, but I personally did not enjoy it much.

If you like something on the sweeter side, then the rose flavour is also a good option.to it.

I also liked the Saffron flavour. It wasn't too sweet, but had a nice flavour of saffron to it.

They have interesting items named after various places, and we tried Lahore. It is a combination of jelly and falooda topped with rabdi, and you can have your choice of kulfi with it. This was really nice since you get to have falooda, and at the same time it doesn't become overly sweet, and is also convenient to eat as it is served in a bowl.

Among the milkshakes, we tried the sapota (chikoo) milkshake. The flavour was really natural, and the shake had a good consistency to it.

We then tried some of the flavours in the stick form.

The carrot halwa flavour was interesting. It actually did taste a bit like the halwa.
I've had black pepper flavour in their other outlets and had really liked it, but the one I tried here was just okay.
Mango is an all time favourite for kulfi but does get quite a bit on the sweeter side.
A flavour which I really found interesting was the Ube. It is purple in colour just like the vegetable. It isn't anything like your regular flavours, so try it only if you want something out of the ordinary.
Another non-conventional flavour is the pandan which is basically a plant that is used widely in South Asian cuisine. I personally liked it, but it may not appeal to everyone unless you like South Asian flavours.

They have some interesting golas too.
The kala khatta was the regular one, but I found it just okay here. It tasted a bit artificial.

The one I liked was the combination of mango, green apple, and kachi kairi. The flavours were really good and you can also sprinkle the masala which they give you on the side, and that really accentuated the taste.
Cherry and mango was not bad either; a mix of sweet and tangy.

I like the ambience here. It is colourful and has a desi feel to it, and the place has a wide range of options in the menu. 



Click here to salivate.  

Kulfilicious Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?