Grub Shack - Indian fusion

I've been wanting to go here since a long time but due to some reason I never ended up going, until this day when a friend of mine invited me here. 

The place really has a nice vibe to it. They had live music on the Tuesday when we went. The tables and chairs have an earthy wooden feel. 

We started with some of their mocktails. They first got us the jack frost. This is basically a virgin pina colada but light blue in colour, served with smoke around it. I love pina colada and I liked this even better. 

The other one was the mango chili and this blew my mind. It had a nice consistency to it; wasn't too watery or toot thick. The chili definitely added that kick to it. 

For appetisers, we started with the double dragon king prawns. These prawns were huge, spicy, and crispy. The sauce that it was prepared in gave an Indo-Chinese flavour to it. Being a fan of prawns, I could barely keep my hands off it. 

After that we had the calamari twist. It was served on a little bicycle. These are crumb fried calamari with some of their spices on top. It was good enough but not something that one would look forward too unless they're big fans of calamari. 

Moving on to the mains now, they claimed that they have the best butter chicken in Dubai. That is a really bold claim and it got my expectations really high. The butter chicken looked really good when served and had a nice aroma to it. I took a bite, and I really liked it. The best part was that the chicken was really soft. The flavour was nice and had a creamy consistency to it. I wouldn't say it was the best, but it was really very good. 

The best dish for me though had to be Gemma's chili crab. Now I'm not a very big sea-food lover, and I do find it a bit tricky to find my way around eating a crab, so I rarely order it, but they recommended this. It was made in a black pepper masala which was so good that I was licking my fingers throughout (yes, eat it with your bare hands). I did have to struggle my way through the crab but it was worth it. This one was prepared in a black paste / sauce, so I'm not sure why it was called chili crab since it wasn't the usual reddish-orange that chili crab is, but the taste was so good, that I asked them to keep it there until the end just so that I could have the black pepper paste. 

We ended our meal with a smokey tea. It was comforting and just like regular chai, but served with smoke around it. 

This is a restaurant which has some really good food. If you're looking for some delicious Indian dishes with a bit of a twist to them, then you definitely need to check this place out. 


Click here to salivate.  

Grub Shack Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?