Kandy Club

This is a Sri Lankan restaurant and bar which gets its name from the city of Kandy
It is not a very big place but had good food and live music too. 
I was invited here to try out the revamped menu. We started with some fish cutlets; these were fried well and tasted nice. 

The pol roti is a very famous Sri Lankan speciality. It is basically coconut bread (roti). We had this with sambal which is a really spicy paste, and I totally loved it. 

They have Chinese appetisers too and we had the peri peri chicken, and devilled chicken. Both of which had a really nice flavour and were spicy just like I like it. 



For the mains too, we had quite a few items. 
I really liked the kothu roti which is a spicy preparation and one of my favourite. 

We had steamed vegetables, and a beans preparation which was interesting, but was a bit simple for my liking. 



Egg noodles are something I enjoy a lot and I liked the ones here too. 

The place also has some cocktails as well as alcohol infused fruits like watermelon balls as well as a cocktail which was served inside a watermelon!






The food overall was good and the ambience is decent, though it felt a bit downmarket.

Click here to salivate 


Kandy Klub Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?