Grand Cafe - boulevard


Grand cafe is located near Dubai mall just at the corner boulevard street at a lovely location. The place offers free valet parking too. They've recently launched their lunch buffet and they invited me to try it out. 
It is reasonably priced at AED 65 without shisha, and AED 85 with shisha. 

They have a good selection of items too. Beverages, salads, snacks, appetisers, mains, and desserts.

For the beverages, they have jelleb and lemonade. 

I really liked the mushroom soup here. It was creamy. There was also a chpice of lentil soup. 

I really liked the tabbouleh and the eggplant walnut salad that they had. It was fresh and flavourful. 





For the hot appetisers there was batata hara, sambosek, spinach fattayer, cheese rolls, and sfiha baalbakiyeh. These were good enough, but could have been better. 

I also had the makanek there which I liked.

The more traditional bbq choices like the kafta and taouk were a part of the buffet too. 

For the mains there were some interesting dishes. There was ras asfour pesto. Ras asfour is an Arabic dish to which they gave a twist by making it in pesto. The flavour was interesting. 

I'm a fan of kabseh and I definitely liked the one here. 

The dish that I liked even more was the meat Ouzi. This was served in a filo pastry and was delicious. 

The desserts were average though. I was expecting a little more from the kunafa and the halawet el jibn. The muhalabia was also just average. 







Considering the price, location, and the ambience, I think the lunch buffet for AED 65 is totally worth it. Taste-wise it they can improve a little. 


Click here to salivate 

Grand Cafe Boulevard Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?