La Terrazza

This is a lovely restaurant located in Almas tower in JLT where I was invited to try out the food. Of all the restaurants in JLT that I've been to in JLT, this perhaps would be the most upmarket one that I've come across (except for those inside a hotel). 
I was pleasantly surprised to see the ambience here. They have seating indoors as well as outdoors - both of them having a smoking area where they serve shisha. 

Initially when we entered, we didn't see any staff around who could attend to us, and that wasn't a very good first impression. 

We started with some lovely soups. The seafood soup had a good amount of sea-food in it, and the broth tasted good too. 

The chicken noodle soup was flavourful, and I totally enjoyed the minced chicken in this along with the noddles inside. 

The Greek salad was fresh, and I loved the big slice of feta cheese in it. 

The other appetiser that surpassed my expectations was the crab gratin. The crab meat was scooped and served inside the shell which made it easy to eat for those (like me) who aren't very good with de-shelling their crustaceans. The crab-meat tasted heavenly and I could barely contain myself. 

We then had their soft shell tacos. They got us an assortment of tacos - chicken, beef, and sea-food. I liked the sea-food one the most. The beef was pretty good too; the meat was juicy and flavourful. The chicken was average. 

For the mains, we had the chicken ala kiev. When it was served, I did not have much expectation from it, but when I had a bite I was shocked as to how good it was. It was really juicy and the taste was delicious. I could get the flavour in every bite. 

For our beverages, we had an Irish iced coffee which was served in a mason jar and was really good.


They have Nutella hot chocolate which we found interesting and had to check it out. It is definitely worth trying if you're in the mood for something hot. Lovely combination of Nutella made in the form of a hot chocolate. 

They've got shisha too and their specialty is the Russian shisha. It was my first time having it, and it was a great experience. They source the coal and the flavour from Russia. The shisha doesn't use foil paper but a metallic ring of sorts. I took a drag and it was really smooth. We had the passion fruit mixed with tutti fruity and we really enjoyed the flavour. This one is pricey at AED 160, although they also have the regular shisha. 

We ended our meal with an assortment of Arabic dessert platter. A couple of them were pretty good, although not something I would rave about. 

I'm not sure if the Almas tower has parking for visitors. Perhaps you can park in one of the nearby clusters ( D or I ) and walk from there which is what we did. 

It was a very good experience overall. The food and shisha both are good, and the ambience is cozy. 

Click here to salivate 

La Terrazza Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?