Dosa & Dhokla

This place has a catchy name since it is a combination of two famous dishes from two different states in India. Both the dishes are loved by me and my family, and especially since my folks are vegetarian, we decided to give this place a shot. 

We ordered quite a variety of food to taste a bit of everything. 

I'm usually a fan of fusion dosas or some new versions of dosas, so I ordered a spring roll dosa. The good thing is that it was served pipping hot, and the chutneys and sambar with it tasted delicious. 
The filling inside the dosa was just okay though; it was a bit sweetish. 
I think you could order a regular dosa or a more conventional south Indian dish and you might like it. 

The next item we had was the khaman dhokla. You get 4-5 pieces with 2 chutneys - the sweet tamarind one and the mint one. The dhokla was good to taste, but not something one would eagerly look forward too. It was a tad bit dry for our liking. 

Then we ordered some chaats - a sev puri and a dahi puri. We did not have a lot of expectation from these, but we quite liked the sev puri. The dahi puri was not bad either. 



Coming to the dish that we totally loved - the South Indian filter coffee. Served the traditional way, the taste was spot on. 

I got a bit adventurous and took a fried rice for takeaway. When I took a bite, I did not like it. It was really bland.  I shouldn't have got so adventurous.




Dosa & Dhokla Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?