Britannia Brunch at Address Downtown

The Britannia Brunch takes place every Friday at The Restaurant in Address Downtown and I was delighted to be invited here.

This was perhaps one of the widest brunch spreads that I've come across.
Even before I could enter The Restaurant, it was the design and architecture at the entrance of the hotel that looked lively and welcoming.
The restaurant gives a really classy feel from the moment you step in.
There is outside seating too, and if the weather is pleasant I'd urge you to sit there as the view is just fantastic.

For the brunch, the appetisers are buffet style while the main course is served on the table.
There is a selection of breads, cheese, salads (including a live salad station where you can customize your salad) and more. They have a good selection of sea-food too, and this one had some oysters as well.



They also have various sushis, and prawns which I found to be really delicious.



You've got some kebabs, hot dogs, and burgers too. The burger initially looked like it would be dry, but it was really juicy. The kebabs were average though.

There are also kegs of cocktails that you can have as per your liking.

It wouldn't be a British brunch without a Gin & Tonic counter now, would it?

Now moving on to the mains, you can choose from Roast of the Day, Rotisserie chicken, and Salmon en Cruote.
The roast of the day was lamb, which was soft and prepared really well.
The Rotisserie chicken was not too bad either.
It was my first time having the Salmon en Croute, and it was something interesting. It is like a savoury pastry that it filled with salmon and some greens inside. I wouldn't say I was a big fan though.





Along with your mains, on the side you can have Yorkshire pudding, Roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs. I'm a big fan of potatoes and I really liked the mashed potato here.




For the drinks, I had the pomegranate mojito and it was really refreshing.

The desserts too are served on the table.
The malva pudding was really nice. I liked the spongy cake topped with the cream sauce.
The lemon mirangue was alright. It might be a bit too sour for some.
The apple crumble was not too bad.
Surprisingly the ice-creams were better than what I've had at most places. I totally loved the coffee flavoured one as well as the strawberry. It was just perfect.
I think my favourite one would have to be the deconstructed Eton mess. This version had a bit of ice-cream in it too, and the flavours were so good that I could barely contain myself from having it.

The brunch takes place form 1pm to 5pm on Fridays. It is priced at AED 295 (with soft beverages) and AED 395 (with alcoholic beverages) all inclusive.

There are a lot more dishes in the buffet and I could barely taste half of them. You can find the complete list on Zomato.  It was truly a brunch to remember.


The Restaurant at Address Downtown Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Follow me on Instagram to know about great places and food in Dubai.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?