Jasmint - Asian cuisine

This is a newly started Chinese restaurant that also serves some nice dishes from other Asian countries.

The interiors are done up really well, with a bit of an earthy feel to it. The decor feels nice and cozy. I was invited to try out the food here. 

I saw pad Thai on the menu and just couldn't wait to order by the time we decided what else to have. We ordered the one with prawn. It was really delicious. The noodles, bean sprouts, chilli flakes...it was heavenly. 

They have some nice salads too and recommended us the panna pineapple salad. It is a sweet and tangy pineapple salad. I'm not a salad person but this did taste interesting. 

The other salad was the Chinese coleslaw. This is more crunchy and has less sauces than regular coleslaw. I really liked the crunchy texture that it had to it. 

I wanted something spicy next, and ordered for the Sichuan wontons. You can choose how spicy you want it, and I asked for the traditional spicy one. The taste was not bad, but I've had better. Also, I was expecting something even more spicy for the traditional spice level. 

If you're a fan of dumplings, they've got some interesting ones. We tried the Chicken corn shiitake dumplings, steamed
Chicken celery Spicy dumpling, and the pan fried prawn jumbo dumplings. I really liked the prawn ones. 

We then called for the miso soup. It tasted really comforting; it was a tad bit lemony. 

For small bites, they have Oriental prawn Tapas. This is a bite-sized snack served on a crispy cracker. The taste was quite good, although it is a small quantity. 

Another bite-sized snack is the Karwa-Kapo mushroom grill. Button mushrooms with a sweet and tangy filling inside. These look cute when served. The taste was good enough. 

For the vegetarians and lovers of tofu, you need to try the tender tofu grill. Silken tofu in soy sauce topped with some Chinese spices and chillies. Nothing fancy, but tasted fantastic. 

Another traditional Chinese dish is the Kung-Pao chicken. Small pieces of chicken made in a Chinese sauce with traditional chillies. The chilly certainly has a prominent and spicy flavour to it. I really liked this one. 

An interesting dish is the Korean Naengmyeon which is a cold soup. It is more of a main dish since the serving size is generous. The flavour was interesting. A bit spicy though cold. If you've had this before and know what to expect, then you'll like it, otherwise I wouldn't recommend experimenting. 

The Sichuan spicy Splash pot is also a really nice dish. A spicy dish made with meat of your choice. The blens of spices in this one was perfect. 

They've got ramen too and we tried the prawn ramen. It was pretty good, though I have had better. 

For dessert, we had the Yoji nectar. A desert made form coconut milk, mango, and grapefruit. I had it for the first time and I totally became a fan. 

The other dessert was the Ripple jelly bowl. This was quite different than most Asian desserts that I've tried. It is a jelly topped with mango and raisins. The jelly wasn't something that suited my palate. 

Overall I really liked this place. They have some nice offerings, and some delicious Asian food. The prices are reasonable too, and you should definitely check out this place for some good Asian food. 




Click here to salivate 


Jasmint Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?