More cafe

This is a lovely place located in Murooj Rotana. They have outside seating which is earthy with tress around, and it great to sit when the weather is pleasant. The indoor seating is nice and cozy too.
They invited me to try out their new menu.

We started with the egg roulade which is basically omelette rolled with a filling of cream cheese, spinach, veggies, and hummus. It is served with some crispy tortilla. The presentation was great, and the texture as well as the taste was pretty good. I might not have this as a whole dish by myself, but would perhaps like it as a snack to share.

The shakshouka is a very popular Middle Eastern breakfast dish that I'm a fan of. They got a big portion of this. Sunny side eggs cooked in tomatoes, peppers, and Arabic spices. The flavour of this wasn't as strong as I like. It was good, but I've had better. 

Then we had their halloumi sandwich. It also had bell peppers and pesto in it and tasted really good. It did not feel dry at all which was the good part. It was served with thick cut fries on the side. 

Who doesn't love wings?! We had Korean chicken wings which looked really appetising. These were more on the crispier side than soft and juicy, so it wasn't something that I personally enjoy much. The taste wasn't bad though. 

If you like dynamite shrimp, then you've got to try it here. They're saucy, crispy, and huge. They tasted great. I think I just got happy seeing how big the shrimp were.

For the vegetarians, they also have the dynamite veggies, which are made in a very similar sauce and tasted good too. 

The healthy eaters are going to love their avocado smoothie. It is thick and really creamy. They do not dilute it much and for someone like me who isn't much of an avo fan, I still really liked it. 

For the mains, there was Nasi Goreng. I'm a fan of this Indonesian dish and I liked the one here as well. Fried rice with chicken satay, peanut sauce, fried egg, and fish crackers. It certainly tasted quite good. 

next was the red curry hammour. This too had a very Asian flavour to it and was nice. Hammour was marinated in red curry coconut sauce and served with jasmine rice. I would have liked a little more curry in this.

Last but not the least were the chicken musakhan rolls. Chicken and onion cooked with sumac & olive oil, and rolled in saj bread. It is is a Middle Eastern street food which very few places serve. It was not bad, but I've had better.

Now moving on to sweet endings, we had Japanese mochi. These is a Japanese ice-cream made by wrapping it in sweet rice dough. We had matcha, passion fruits, chocolate, and mango. The mango was my favourite one. 

For lover of peanut butter, the peanut butter stack is definitely worth a shot. 

I also really liked the chocolate brownie sundae. Does get a bit too sweet, but the brownies served with ice-cream were hard to resist. 

It is a good place overall, with nice ambience and a good variety of food to choose from. 

Click here to salivate 

More Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Golden Dragon