Stomping Grounds

This place is located in one of the by-lanes in Jumeirah and would be hard to find without a map. 
I went there on a weekday and just managed to get a parking spot in the nick of time.

This place is a bit dimly lit, and the tables are really close to each other. Also, it gets a bit noisy. It isn't the ideal place if you just want to sit back and relax. 

I managed to get a table, but this one seemed like it was in the middle of the pathway. Everyone seemed to be walking right beside it. That's when we asked them to shift us to another one at the side. The place had got pretty crowed by then and customers had to wait for sometime before they were seated. 
food blogger dubai stomping grounds cafe

They have a huge coffee selection, including filter coffees like the chemex, v60, aeropress, kalita etc. They also have the dirty chai latte which caught my attention. This one is a tea with Indian spices, and to that they add milk and a shot of coffee. It was served in a french press and the quantity was huge. It wasn't bad. I could get the hint of spices just like I would in a "masala chai", and could also taste the coffee. I think you need to develop a taste for it. If you like tea and coffee, and also like to experiment then perhaps, you'd like this, otherwise it's best you stick to something conventional. 
food blogger dubai stomping grounds cafe tea coffee dirty chai

After reading some great reviews about the "egg boat", I though of ordering one for myself. Simply put, these are eggs in a brioche bowl; topped with tomatoes, spring onions, and cheese, and baked.  It has ample amount of cheese in it, and is also very filling. This looked really tempting and the taste was good too; I wouldn't say exceptional though, as opposed to a lot of other reviews. 

A post shared by UDIT . S . SATHAYE (@uditss) on


My friend who accompanied me there was a ovo-lacto vegetarian, so we were looking for something devoid of meat. There wasn't much of choice and our server recommended the mushroom risotto
This one was simply delicious. It was rich and made really well. I could barely contain myself after the first bite. I definitely recommend this. 
food blogger dubai stomping grounds cafe mushroom risotto

We had also ordered the spiced chai latte, but the waiter misheard us and gave us another dirty chai latte itself.
food blogger dubai stomping grounds cafe tea coffee dirty chai

Not a bad experience, but they can do better, especially the proximity of the tables. 



Stomping Grounds Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?