Aldka Saudi food

This place has a very Arab feel to it; the kind you'd get when you visit the small but delicious places in the interior areas. 
It is located beside the Saudi-German hospital. They've recently opened a few months ago and invited me for a tasting.
food blogger dubai saudi arabic

The place was very calm and quiet, and I was the only one there at that time on a weekday. 

They have a limited menu, but the items tasted good. The chefs are trained in Saudi so that the expected taste is achieved. 

I started with a soup and laban. Before that, they brought two salads first. One was cucumber with yoghurt, and the other was tomato and chilli based (more like a dip) that went well with almost all the food items. 
food blogger dubai saudi arabic salad


The lentil soup was nice and the quantity was good. It is served in a big bowl, with lemon on the side. 
food blogger dubai saudi arabic lentil soup

For the appetizers,  I had the meat mottabaq. It contains minced meat inside, and is similar to a sambousek, but partially open. This tasted really delicious. Despite being fried, it did not feel heavy. 
food blogger dubai saudi arabic mottabag appetizer

For the mains, they have only rice dishes. These are traditional Saudi dishes, and are available in chicken and meat (they plan to introduce fish soon). 
I had the chicken kabsa. It is often considered the national dish of Saudi Arabia. This is just like the Makbous (مكبوس) that you get in the UAE. The chicken was cooked really well and the flavor seeped in well. The quantity was huge, and I would suggest this to be shared. The blend of spices gave the rice a good flavor to it. At 50 bucks (and the meat variant for 70), I think it was a little bit pricey. 
food blogger dubai saudi arabic kabsa makbous rice chicken مكبوس

After a heavy meal, they got me a cup of hot tea which tasted pretty good. 
food blogger dubai saudi arabic tea

For the dessert, there isn't much choice. I had the Hanini (حنيني) which is a traditional dessert. It has a layer of crushed biscuit at the bottom, and a date concoction on the top. This one was delicious, and I would definitely recommend you to try it out. Even though I was full, I couldn't stop at one bite. 

It is located beside the petrol pump, and you need to be in the service lane about half a km before, otherwise you can take a turn after Saudi-German hospital and come. There is parking right outside the restaurant, but it might not be easily available at times. 

food blogger dubai saudi arabic restaurant dubai barsha aldka

The staff is friendly and hospitable, but speaks just basic English. It wasn't much of a problem when I was there, but I and called them up before I went there, and communicating something with them on the phone was a task that I wasn't able to achieve.
food blogger dubai saudi arabic staff



Aldka Saudi Food Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?