Piadera - traditional Italian flatbread cafe

Piada is a traditional Italian flatbread; and this was named after a woman who used to make these well. The woman making Piada - Piadera.

This is a small restaurant in the Trade Centre Area, but has nice interiors with a lot of natural lighting.
food blogger dubai piadera italian flatbread

I was invited for a blogers meet here, and before I went, I had thought of this as just another flatbread place. When I got there, I got to know about the people behind this place, the traditional Italian processes of making Piada (one of which is Halal, and they use that), and a lot more things. Also, their flour is made in Italy; on stone. Wow.

We started with some coffees (Duh! Italian restaurant) and juices. The latte was very good. The cookie on the side wasn't to my liking though. The iced mocha was nice, and the detox as well as the carrot juice were fresh and are served in cute glass bottles.
food blogger dubai piadera latte


food blogger dubai piadera detox


food blogger dubai piadera iced mocha


food blogger dubai piadera carrot juice

Now let me come to their specialty - the Piada. Like I said earlier, it is a traditional Italian flatbread. They showed us how they make the dough and what all ingredients go into making it. The dough has to be kept for about 48 hours so that it can rise, before it is used to make the Piada. 
food blogger dubai piadera making dough


I really liked the fact that the Piadas are made right in front of you. Not just that, you can also customize them the way you like. You can choose your protein, the vegetables, the cheese, and the sauces.

food blogger dubai piadera italian flatbread piada

I chose the curry chicken as my choice of protein. Along with that, I put the parmesan cheese. For the veggies I took the grilled capsicum, onion, tomatoes, and lettuce. For the sauces, it was the Indian spicy sauce, the pesto, and green chilli paste. After all these are put, it is heated. This tasted really delicious, and I could get the taste of all the items put in it. Also, it was really fresh, and that's what made me like it even more. 
food blogger dubai piadera italian flatbread piada

I also had a strawberry smoothie which had just the right amount of sweetness to it and tasted great. 
food blogger dubai piadera strawberry smoothie

For dessert, we had the Tenerina cake. This is named after the queen of Ferrara (in Northern Italy). It is crisp on the outside, and soft on the inside, just like she was. This one was delicious. It was served hot, and we really loved it.
food blogger dubai piadera tenerina chocolate cake

There was the apple pie too. Also served hot, and tasted almost as good as the Tenerina cake. 
food blogger dubai piadera apple pie

The staff is polite and friendly. They were attentive, and served with a smile. 

If you're in the area, this place is certainly worth checking out. In case you're going there by car, then parking may be a bit of a hassle. 

Psst psst: Since it was just us bloggers, we also got a chance to make the Piadas ourselves. Right from rolling the dough, to putting the toppings and heating it; thanks to Deepali and Rai who organized the meet. 



Piadera Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?