Beatbox

The name "Beatbox' is interesting and catchy and I couldn't wait to check out what they've got to offer. They invited me for a tasting to this small but wonderful place; unfortunately, my first impressions weren't too good. The first thing I noticed about this place before I even got there is that the locality is shady and feels downmarket. Also, the parking scene is a pain in the wrong place. We took 15-20 minutes to find parking in the afternoon; best is to park in one of the private parking buildings as getting the RTA parking along the road is next to impossible. That being said, perhaps most people would go here if they're already in the area and might not be specially looking for this outlet so the parking situation might not apply to all. 

Finally we parked and came here. The interiors were really nice with a yellow and black theme throughout. I liked the way they've made everything in there in these two colors; even the small lights. I wanted to use the restroom, but sadly they don't have one here. Ugh.
After these initial unfortunate experiences, they had to really make up for it by the dining experience. Read on to see if they could live up to it...

They have strawberry cream as a welcome drink. Served in small cups, it was thick and delicious. 

I asked the waiter what's special and he said "everything". Nope. Though everything can be good, it can't be special. 

We started with the kangaroo magic. I was a little stunned on reading this, but it didn't have anything that I was thinking from the name. Instead it had minced beef, bacon, and a half fried egg. The burger tasted nice; I especially liked the egg in it. 

Another burger that we had was the fisherman's pie. This is a prawn burger which has good crispy prawns. I really liked this one as the amount of prawns were generous and I could taste them in each bite. 

I noticed that they were playing really nice songs, and so I told them that I was really enjoying the music. That's when they told me that their concept is exactly that. Good songs with good food, and hence the name 'Beatbox'.

After this came the dish that I liked the most - the Midnight Madness. It is a wrap made from deep fried chicken and buffalo sauce. At first, the bread of the wrap looked a bit under-cooked, but this wasn't the case when I had a bite. This wrap was really meaty, and I could barely keep my hands off it. We had this along with chili fries which also were very good. 

Last but not the least, we had a sub called the  Mexico Texico.  It contains a grilled sausage with salsa. This one wasn't too bad, but not something great either. 

For drinks, we had the Dubhub frappe which was frothy and really strong for a cold coffee, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. 
I also had this milkshake called the 'Arabian guy'. It is made from dates, mint, and a hint of honey. Weird combination, I know, and you might require to develop your taste-buds for this one, but after the first few sips, I really liked it. It tastes healthy and if you're the kind who likes to try some new and innovative combinations, go for this one. 

They've also got some nice looking freak-shakes, but after having all this, we had no place left in our tummies to try any of those. 

The waiter Shyam who was serving us was extremely kind and hospitable; he was also attentive and helped us decide the food items while giving a good description of each one. 



Beatbox Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Golden Dragon