BBQ delight - Ibn Batuta

This place serves a la carte as well as buffet which is for AED 79. I was invited to try out the food here. 
I chose the buffet since that's usually the choice for most of the people. The selection was not bad, though their other branch had more varieties. 

We started with the mutton seekh and the chicken seekh kebab. Both were pretty good and well cooked. 

The fried prawns and the fried fish tasted alright. The fish could have been a bit softer. 


The chicken achari boti was pretty good, and so was the chicken malai tikka
The mutton ribs were chewy and I didn't like them. 

They got us some pani puri which was pretty good. The pani was a bit zestier than usual. 

There was the papdi chaat too. The flavour was not bad, but the yoghurt was not mixed well. It was there mostly just on top, whereas the chaat felt a bit bit dry towards the end. 

We had the fresh mango juice and the lemon mint; both of which were really nice and refreshing. 

For the mains, I like the aloo bhujia which is a preparation of potato in a thin gravy. It was delicious. 
The veg kadai was pretty good too.
The chicken haleem was just average; I was expecting better. 
We had this with the kandhari naan which was a really huge naan. It was soft and served hot, which we totally enjoyed. 

The pasta was just about okay. It could have had more flavour. 

I'm a fan of rice, and I certainly liked the afghani pulav and the chicken biryani. I wouldn't say these were the best that I've had, but pretty good and flavourful. 

They have a salad counter too, from which I really liked the one with egg-plant and yoghurt. You have to try this one. 

For the dessert, we really liked the shahi tukda. 
The caramel custard was yummy too. 
The jalebi was average. 

The food overall was just about acceptable. It was not satisfactory like I was expecting it to be. 




Barbecue Delights - Ibn Battuta Mall Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?