Under 500 - Delicious healthy eating

Let me start by saying that I'm not a healthy eater, so when they invited me here, I wasn't all that eager to try them out. But at the end of my meal, these guys made me like healthy food. They really are onto something. 

In fact that's how this place started. The founder used to order healthy food from somewhere else, and he didn't find it tasty. That's when he came up with this concept of healthy food that is tasty. It goes without saying that all the dishes are below 500 kcal each, and also have the nutrition information written beside them. 

This place has a black and green interior which goes really well with the concept. Though most of their orders are for deliveries, you'll like the ambience if you go there to dine too. There is a parking area for visitors where you should be able to get a parking spot. 

They have some interesting items in their menu. Soups, burgers, burritos, risottos, dessert. Yes, healthy. 

We asked them for their suggestions since all of it looked tempting. 
The manager Ryan who was a very friendly guy, suggested us the Kale and Lentil soup. He not only suggested it, but also said that it is the best in Dubai. Now that was a very bold claim. I had to try this one out. 
It was served in a black bowl, and when I saw it, I said to myself that this isn't a lentil soup, but wait, technically it is. It is a soup and it is made primary from lentils. Just that these are the whole brown lentils; not mashed. It has some carrots, tomatoes, and onions in it too. It tasted fabulous, and I totally love something of this texture. I finished half of it before I even touched the other dishes on the table. It is filling, and I would definitely suggest you to try it out. 

Then we had an Acai bowl. Apart from the acai berries, it had banana, dragon fruit, kiwi, pomegranate, and roasted granola. For me this still comes under the regular healthy food and I'm not personally much of a fan, but it did taste better than some of the good Acai bowls that I've tried recently. 

They also suggested the chicken burrito. This one is a burrito bowl that also has quinoa, avocado, tomato, beans, jalapenos, and some chillies (that are cut into big pieces so you can easily remove them). I liked the chicken in it and the overall texture of this one as well. 

I was certainly surprised to see burgers on the menu. We ordered a black bean burger which was one of my favourite here. The patty was a tad bit dry, but nothing to complain about. The guacamole and baby spinach made me go on eating this one. I think the best part about this was having a burger without the guilt. You should check out their burgers. 

The final main dish was the Wild Mushroom risotto. This one was thick and creamy. It could have had a bit more flavour to it I felt. I liked the mushrooms in this, and it was good, but I think the other dishes had raised the bar too high and this one wasn't all the way up there. 

They have some healthy juices that are refreshing and I really liked them. They have the lean green, tropical orange, grapefruit, beat blast, and fresh orange. Depending on your personal preference, you will certainly like these. 

A meal isn't complete without dessert, is it?
Time for some indulgence. Oh wait, this too is guilt free. These are the slimmed down brownies. These were gooey and delicious; and these didn't have walnuts so I liked them even more. They're organic and gluten free. 

For me, this was the most delicious food that I've had at a healthy place. I'm now actually contemplating having healthy food. 

They're soon expanding to other countries too.   



UNDER500 Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?