El Noctambulo - Mexican casual diner

This is a casual place in Design district that invited us to try the lovely food and beverages. The word Noctambulo means nocturnal (a night owl) in Mexican.
I was pleasantly surprised to see a place so casual in this area. The ambience is dimly lit, of which I am not a big fan. They play Spanish songs and the place has a Mexican vibe to it.

They have some really interesting Mexican drinks. The chelato caught my attention and I asked them what is it. It is a mix of sauces (poison sauce, lime juice, lemon pepper & tajin chili) that tastes like tomatoes and is spicy. It is had along with beer. This was totally new to me and I called for this. They got a glass half-filled with this and I asked for Sol as my beer. You pour the beer in this and have. It was something I had never had before. It tasted a bit like Bloody Mary. If you like a tomato based spicy drink then only you might like it.

Next one was a classic - the Paloma. The guys there told me that this is had just about any time of the day in Mexico. It contains tequila, grapefruit juice, a sweet a& sour mix with soda. This was really smooth and I liked it.

We also had the pancho pina which you should really try. It is made with mezcal, pineapple juice, jalapeno jam, fresh lime juice, and agave syrup. It was not too tangy, and we totally loved it.

For the food, we started with potato skins. These are potato halves stuffed with varieties of cheese and topped with chorizo and bacon. Since I'm a big fan of potato, I enjoyed this.

We then had the fish flautas. Flautas mean flutes in English and these are in the shape of flutes (or pipes if I can say) and are stuffed with Mexican stew and served with fresh cream and feta cheese on top; these tasted delicious. The flavours complemented each other very well and we finished it in no time.

For tacos, they have an offer - AED 69 for three. The first one we chose was the Gobernador which is battered prawns with cheese, beans, and green salsa. This was definitely my favourite among all of them.
The second one was the barbacoa which is slow cooked beef in a mix of Mexican spices and salsa. This was not too bad either.
The last one was Octopus and Chorizo which had octopus slices and chorizo with spicy mayo and ink aioli. It was a bit dry for my liking.

I'm a fan of quesadillas and just had to try it out. We had the chicken one. It was cheesy and served hot. It tasted fantastic and was really filling.

We then had a chicken burrito. It had rice, beans, cheese, and shredded chicken. This did taste pretty good; though I think the rice was a bit on the higher side, and it was a little bit dry.

This place is a casual one if you want to just chill, have a few drinks and some nice Mexican food.


Follow me on Instagram to know about great places and food in Dubai.


El Noctambulo Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?