Sarj Art Cafe

This is a newly opened restaurant in Dar Wasl mall that has a unique concept relating to its theme. The owner loves horses and that's what the themes revolves around. The word Sarj is Arabic for saddle. 

The place has pictures of horses around, helmets of horse-riders, the chairs near the bar are shaped like a saddle, and even the cruet set is shaped like a horseshoe. 



They invited me to try out their food which is a fusion of dishes from around the world.

I was pleasantly surprised to see mango lassi in the menu. It was thick, tasted great, and the quantity was generous too. 

We started with the Sarj rock shrimps which is their version of dynamite shrimps. They're served on a  lettuce leaf. I like the crispiness they had to it; the flavour was pretty good too. 

They've got sliders as well and we had the Sarj sliders which is a trio of three burgers. They have crispy chicken inside along with buffalo and 3-cheese sauce which is their chef's special. They were pretty creamy due to the sauces in it and I really liked them. 

The dish that really caught my attention was the Sarj green burger. This burger does not have a bun but uses avocado instead - a Hass avocado is cut into half and is used instead of the bun. Inside is a char-grilled Angus beef patty. This is great fort hose who like healthy food, especially someone who likes avocado. Although it does become a bit difficult to eat and I was trying to figure out how exactly do I go about it so we asked the staff to have it cut into half and even then I had to use my cutlery to have the burger. The taste definitely was very good. I liked the complementing flavours of the avocado and the patty.

Next up was the Angus char-grilled brisket. It was slow cooked in a broth and was really soft and extremely flavorful. My friend went crazy over it. 

For dessert, we had the Dates a la Mode which is made from majdoul dates and is topped with ice-cream. This looked really appealing. It also comes with pistachio sauce on top. It tasted good too but could have been better I thought.

I ended my meal with a tea. This wasn't a regular tea but the dancing karak. It is a version of karak tea that is served in a tall glass and has different layers. There is a layer of frothy milk on top that slowly seeps down and mixed with it. I really liked this and it was a great ending to the meal. 

The restaurant also has an outside seating beside the little fountain in Dar Wasl mall. 

Their chef Chikoo also met us and explained about the concept of the restaurant which is a fusion while they've tried to maintain Arabic and Indian flavours. 

I would recommend this restaurant for its unique concept and interesting menu items. 

Follow me on Instagram to know about great places and food in Dubai.

Sarj Art Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?