Da Gama - Portuguese and Mexican cuisine

This is a Portuguese and Mexican restaurant in Century village. I really liked the outside seating since the weather is great and there are a lot of trees and nature there too. I was invited here to try out their food. 

We started with the non-veg tapas platter. My favourite in this were the wasabi prawns. They amount of wasabi was just right. They were served in a tortilla basket. 
The panko fish was also quite good and crispy. 
The skewers were not bad. The flavour was good, but they felt a bit dry.
I really liked the taste of the paprika calamari.  


They also suggested the Wagyu mini burgers of which you get 3 pieces in one portion. These were really good and the patty was juicy despite not too much filling inside it.  

For drinks, they have interesting names, and I ordered a mocktail called give it to me. It has strawberry, banana, vanilla ice-cream,  and grenadine syrup. It was refreshing, cold and milky. 

If you're the kind who likes your drinks lit (quite literally), then they've got those too. 


For or mains we started with Chicken Diane. This was chicken breast that is grilled and laced in herb mushroom sauce. This was totally a dish to my liking. I love chicken in creamy sauces. The herb mushroom sauce made the chicken taste very flavourful. 

Another one of my favourites here was the baked fish. This is Hammour that is grilled and simmered in tomato sauce. I'm not all that big a sea-food lover, but still I really enjoyed this dish. It was saucy and a bit on the spicier side, the fish was soft and tasted great. 

Espetadas (skewer grills) are a Portuguese speciality and were also on the menu. We had the Dagama discovery which is chicken marinated and grilled with peri peri. It sounded great when we ordered it; the taste was average, but I didn't like the texture much. They were a tad bit dry for me and since the chunks were big, the flavour hadn't seeped inside.

We then moved to the Cataplana (which is a cookware and dishes are made in this, hence the name). We chose the Cataplana di Marisco which is sea-food. It had a lot of stuff - prawns, calamari, mussels, Hammour - and some sausages too that were baked with tomato cream sauce and white wine. Sounds delicious already, doesn't it? If you're a seafood lover, you'll totally enjoy this dish. 

For desserts, we had the sizzling brownie which was just fantastic. The brownie as well as the ice-cream tasted amazing. 

I'm usually a fan of cheesecakes, and this blueberry cheesecake looked quite tempting. It tasted okay though, and could have been better. 

Overall it is a nice place if you want some Portuguese food along with drinks. Outside seating is great when the weather is pleasant. 

Follow me on Instagram to know about great places and food in Dubai.

Da Gama Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?