Ghee Rice - south Indian fusion restaurant

Initially, the name of this place made me feel like it is a casual diner, but it is a bit more upmarket.
It's been 5 years since they are in the UAE (Abu Dhabi), and recently the launched their Dubai outlet for which they invited us. 

I was also quite surprised by their menu offerings. They have a fusion menu of sorts. Though a lot of the dishes were form Kerala or had a touch of Kerala to it, there were other dishes too like pasta and Arabic salads.

We started with the salad tasting platter. It has whole wheat salad, fattoush, quinoa salad, and moutabel. It was my first time having a whole wheat salad and it was different. I found it a bit bland but the rest of them were fresh and tasted good. 

For appetisers, we started with the Inji-puli prawn. This was perhaps the most delicious of the starters. The flavours were on point. 
The black diamond looked and sounded interesting. It had truffle mushroom in it. The taste was just average for me though. 
The Mumbai keema tasted great with the pav. Reminded me of the Mumbai street food. 
The Irani tikka also had a good consistency and taste to it. 
The curry leaves paneer was served on a twig which was a nice touch. It was really soft and I like the curry leaf flavour to it. 

For the mains, I was surprised to see pasta there. 
We had the penne mushroom alfredo and I must say it did taste really good. 

There was veg lababdaar too. I really liked the vegetable gravy that it was made in. 

The malabar erachichore was served on a leaf and had a nice Kerala flavour to it. 

The Keralian fish mango curry had unique flavours that complemented each other well. 
top food blogger dubai

The Australian lamb shank dum pukht biryani was perhaps the most appealing among the mains. The lamb shank really gave an amazing flavour to the biryani which was already made with dum. 

It goes unsaid that the ghee rice that we had all of this with, was on point. 

The dal makhani was nice and buttery, and really very good. 

For dessert, they got us a platter which had some interesting items. 
My favourite one was the blue berry mousse. A soft and creamy mousse with a biscuit bottom. 

Usually I'm a big fan of cheese kunafa but this one was just okay. 
The gulab jamun was hot and pretty good. 
I wasn't a big fan of the Elaneer pudding
top food blogger dubai

The pistachio cheese cake was also nice and had a good texture to it. 

Overall, I think it is a really interesting place if you want to have some South Indian food that is fusion and offers more than the regular places. 

Follow me on Instagram to know about great places and food in Dubai.
Ghee Rice Restaurant - Flora Inn Hotel Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?