Masala Craft

This is a restaurant located in Century Village which itself is a great location. When it is winter, you would love the outside seating. They invited me to try out their Friday brunch which is for AED 75 and I found it totally worth it.



Among the vegetarian starters there was chukandari tikki which was soft and really flavourful.
The onion bhaji is something more traditional and was great to have during the cold weather, though I'm not all that much of a fan of having it with my meals.
The malai methi paneer tasted great and the methi really brought out the taste of the paneer.

For the non-veg starters, I loved the Amritsari fish, and I could barely stop having it. It was really soft and flavourful. The masala that they used really accentuated the flavour.
Achari murg was good enough, and I liked it since it did not have too much of the tangy achari flavour to it.
The shammi kebab was great too and since it was all served hot, I really enjoyed it.

There are a lot of places that serve pani puri but at a lot of upscale restaurants I haven't enjoyed it much. This was not the case here. The puris were really crispy, and the filling was right too, as well as the temperature of the pani. I must have had a dozen of these.

For my drink, I had chhaas (buttermilk). It was served in an earthen glass and the quantity was generous. This won't disappoint you.

The spread of the mains is not that extensive which in a way is a good thing since they can focus well on the limited amount of dishes that they're making. 

Starting with the vegetarian dishes first, I had the veg pulav. It had a really nice aroma to it and the dry-fruits were not too many which is how I like it.

I'm a big fan of potato and the aloo banarasi was totally to my liking. They had used the right amount of spices to it which weren't overpowering; they gave a great taste to the potato.

The moong dal masala was something interesting. It was just like a dal but thicker and the moong (pulses) were whole. It tasted fantastic.

The  paneer hara pyaaz masala tasted somewhat like a kadhai paneer which is an all time favourite of mine among the vegetarian mains. This wasn't totally dry but had some gravy to it.

The fish hariyali masala had the fish which was soft and well cooked in the green masala.

Laal maas is a mutton based dish which was about average. I felt it was a bit milder than what I would expect it to be.

The chicken thariwala was a brown gravy dish. The spices in this were just right; flavourful but not too spicy.

There was chicken biryani too. A lot of times when it is a part of the buffet, it is just okay, but this one was really good. The flavours had seeped right in.

Now coming to the sweet endings, I totally liked the gajar halwa here. Not overly sweet, but they managed to make it great.
The sevaiyan kheer was not too bad either.

The tiramisu was just average and I also felt it was a bit out of place for an Indian buffet.

Another item that I totally enjoyed is the kulfi. Since it was served in the form of scoops, it was also easy to eat. Definitely try this.

Overall, the food was really delicious. It wasn't too spicy or oily. This is a fantastic option for your Friday brunch.

Follow me on Instagram to know about great places and food in Dubai. 
Masala Craft Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?