Asian Wok

This restaurant has won the Best Chinese restaurant in JLT Restaurant Awards 2018 and I was really looking forward to trying out the food here when they invited me. 

This is a small place where it is mostly just the kitchen, so it is recommended for take-aways or deliveries since the seating place is for barely 2-4 people. 

While we waited for our food, I munched on some the prawn crackers.

We started with the salt and pepper chicken. I didn't expect it to be totally dry. It is tossed in spicy garlic, ginger, and sichuan pepper powder. The taste was pretty good but it felt really dry. 

For our soup, we called for a sweet corn veg soup. It had small pieces of carrot which I liked and it was served piping hot. It tasted really comforting.

Among their specialities, I saw the fried turnip cake which caught my attention and I had to try it out. It is stir fried with bean sprouts, egg, and sambal sauce which really adds on to the flavour. The taste was pretty good. I cannot accurately describe it, but it looked a bit like tofu. It is certainly worth a try. 

For the mains, we customized our wok box. We chose the stir fried noodles as the base, the kung pao for the sauce, and the chicken for the protein. The quantity was pretty good and was more than enough for the both of us since we had the above appetisers. The kung pao sauce is supposed to be spicy (which it was), but it also has a bit of a sweet hint to it. The wok tasted really very good.  It is served in a box, but we later put it in a plate since we were dining in.

For the dessert, we had the chef's dessert spring roll. It has two choices for the filling and we had the custard and chocolate chip. This was something unique and I was having it for the first time. It was really hot, and we had to wait a few minutes before we have it. The flavour was interesting; it was mildly sweet and so we could have more of it. 

If you're looking to order some comforting Chinese food, then this place is a really nice option.

Follow me on Instagram to know about great places and food in Dubai. 
Asian Wok Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?