India Palace - Garhoud

This is a restaurant located in Garhoud that has buffet as well as a la carte. I was invited to try out their food. It was a Thursday night and they had live music too. A lot of it was instrumental and it was not too loud which is just the way I prefer it to be. The place wasn't very crowded that night. 




As soon as you enter, you see a lovely decor and has a very Indian feel to it. 

We started with the murg malai shorba which had a nice consistency to it and was a bit different than the usual soup. 

For the salad, we had the murg tikka salad. This has pieces of tandoori chicken topped with freshly chopped onions, carrot and beetroot julienne, and salad leaves on the side. It was more of a snack than a salad. 

As for the drinks, we had the mango lassi which was thick and nice. 

There was the mint cooler too which is similar to a lemon mint juice and was refreshing. 

For the appetisers, we had the paneer tikka chutney wale which was served on a sizzling platter. The paneer was soft but could have had a bit more flavour to it.

The next one was the mutton seekh kebab. These were juicy and really flavourful, and served on a sizzling platter as well. 

Among the mains, we had the murgh makhanwala which is basically butter chicken. It looked quite interesting but the taste could have been a bit better. 

We also had bhuna gosht which has minced mutton and was prepared in a tangy gravy. I really liked the taste of this one. 

We had these along with roomali roti and garlic naan

We finished off with the chicken biryani. This was served in a pot covered with roti and had a lovely aroma as well as a good taste to it. 

Moving to the sweet endings, we had the shahi tukda. I'm personally a fan of this dish but the one served here was crispy and a bit hard; usually it is soft. This didn't taste bad, but it wasn't exactly the way I was expecting it to be. 

The shahi brownie though caught my attention when I saw it in the menu and I just had to order it. It is brownie topped with rabdi. I had a bit and it tasted heavenly. I was thinking of cutting down on my dessert intake, but I could barely stop myself from having this. 

My overall experience here was a very good one. There could have been things that are better, but it is definitely a place worth checking out if you're looking for good North Indian food. 






Click here to salivate 


India Palace Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?