Makan - La Mer

Looking for a good shisha place at La Mer, we came here. As soon as I entered, I liked the ambiance. It had an upmarket feel to it. 
makan la mer dubai food blogger

Then we proceeded upstairs where the shisha section is. It was a weekend, and there was a long waiting time for outside seating, so we sat inside. The inside was really crowded. Also, the tables were a little close to each other.
They had live music too that day. Usually I like live music, but not when it is too loud. This was so loud that we had to talk in a really loud voice to be able to hear each other; and same was the case while ordering. 
makan la mer dubai food blogger

For the shisha we had the watermelon mint which was good. It was smooth most of the time, though the charcoal did hurt a little intermittently. 

We also ordered a watermelon juice and an avocado hummus. This one seemed like something new. It was light green in color, and it tasted really nice, but we could barely get the taste of avocado. It was just like a normal hummus. 

The watermelon juice was pretty good too.

After a while I ordered the makanek. The tangy pomegranate paste that it was made it, was too thick, and it didn't quite feel right. It was sticky too, and after a while it became a little hard. The sausage itself tasted alright though.
makanek makan la mer dubai

I asked the waitress for some Laban/Ayran. Though it wasn't there in the menu, I thought they might have it; they didn't. Now that was a little weird, but okay. What was even shocking is that the waitress gave me a look as if I was speaking gibberish. She didn't even know what that was. How can a Middle Eastern restaurant in Dubai not even be aware of what Laban is. 

I then settled for a guava juice. This was fresh and I quite liked it. 

I think I should give it a try when it isn't all that crowded; perhaps I might have a better experience then. 

Makan  Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?