Poke & Co. - Healthy Delicious Poke bowls and more

This is the newest healthy place in town that has started in DIFC just a couple of months ago in November 2017. I was invited here, and the moment you step in you notice the vibe that this place has to it. It gives a "healthy" feel to it; don't ask me how exactly, but as you can see from the picture below, the ambiance is different than most places. 



Apart from their signature Poke bowls, they also have salads, breakfast bowls, smoothie bowls and more, and we wanted to have all of it. 
We started with an Asian Noodle Salad. This is made from Rice Noodles and contains portobello mushroom, spring onions, carrots, sprouts and more. You can choose the sauce you want with it; since they recommended the Sweet Chili, that's what we took. At first I found the salad a little bland, but after adding the sauce, I totally loved it; it tasted really fresh.

I wanted something to quench my thirst so I had their charcoal lemonade. You must have been seeing this a lot lately, and it tastes pretty good. They have their freshly-made drinks on the display fridge and you can choose the one you like. 



Among the Signature (pre-designed) Poke bowls, they have only one vegetarian option, so my friend decided to go with that one - the Lanai. The base is zoodles (zucchini noodles), and has tofu instead of meat;also contains mushrooms, spring onions, radish, edamame, avocado, pineapple and coriander. This one tastes really healthy, and might be a little too much on the healthier side for me. Nonetheless, it tasted very nice. Given the fact that their combinations were really out-of-the-box, you'll like it if you love trying out something new. 
[If you're a vegetarian, I'd suggest you opt for a customized Poke bowl so you get way more options]

Along with that, my friend had a beetroot latte. All their coffees are dairy-free and are made using almond milk. It was pink in color and my friend really liked it. 

I decided to make myself a customized Poke bowl. They have so many things to choose from that you are really spoilt for choice. I chose their signature rice along with quinoa as the base and the protein included prawn, tuna and salmon. I chose onion, corn, cucumber, jalapeno and cherry tomatoes for the veggies. For "toppings", I added seaweed salad and bean sprouts; as for the sauces, I put some Ponzu and Wasabi Mayo, and last but not the least, "garnished" it with chilli flakes, furikake (Japanese seasoning), nori strips and ginger. 
I had a bite and it tasted delicious. Another bite, and it was even better. Every bite gives a different taste since there are so many things in it, that you couldn't possibly get everything in a single bite. I was thoroughly enjoying my salad, and mind you I am not someone who is into healthy eating. I hadn't imagined that healthy food can be so yum. 

Along with that I tried another innovative item of theirs - the charcoal latte. As I mentioned earlier, this too is dairy-free. The flavour of charcoal in it was very subtle, and one could taste mainly the milk made from nuts. Initially I didn't like it much since I wasn't used to it, but after a few sips, I was hooked on to it. 

At first, I though the prices seemed a little higher, but after seeing the quantity, they feel totally reasonable. For my poke bowl, I had chosen the "Kahuna" size which was the medium sized bowl costing AED 60, and I could just finish half of it. 

They do deliveries too, but their food is best had fresh at the outlet. I'll surely visit this place again soon, and yeah, I'm not a health-freak. 
Poké & Co. Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?