Chai & Co

When I first read the words "premium tea Cafe", I wondered to myself if this is just another expensive tea place or do they actually have a good tea. 

When I had my first sip of their karak Saffron tea, all my doubts vanished and I can say this was the best karak Saffron tea I've had in Dubai. And that's a very bold statement for someone who's a connoisseur of karak tea. 
I also asked their staff which tea do they use to make this one, and they said that it is a combination of a few. I also met their chef who explained me that their tea is directly sourced from the tea plantations in India and they use a blend of these to get this perfect flavour. They also use a combination of different kinds of milk and he told me that they have tried over 20 combinations of tea/milk/spices to get this flavour. The tea is served along with two small butter cookies which also are very good. 

The recommended their UFO Kebab Paratha which looks really interesting as it looks just like the name. It is a kebab over a small paratha. The kebab was really meaty and had a good flavour to it. It was served along with mint chutney. 

I love prawns and so I ordered the dynamite jumbo prawn. This was delicious and surprisingly wrapped inside a paratha. The good part though is that it had a lot of sauces which made it creamy. 

We also had the lamb shami kebab. This one was a bit dry for my liking and I felt that it like some flavour somewhere. 

The above 3 dishes were served with fries which were irresistible. They were coated with their in-house spices and were really crispy and long. I'm sure you'd love these. 

We had one of their smoothies too it was called the Raspberry love. Made from raspberry, blueberry and banana, it was thick and served in a big bottle. 

I saw "iced karak" on the menu and I couldn't help but wonder how would this taste. My curiosity got the better of me and I ordered one. This tasted exactly like the one I had ordered previously, just that this was cold and this too really lived up to it. I think it is the fact that these are a little milky, and the tea is not over boiled, which is what makes it taste really nice. 


To end on a sweet note, we ordered a Saffron milk cake. This was very soft and coated with cream on top. It had a lot of saffron flavour in it. This tasted good but after the tea I was expecting more from this one. 

The ambiance too is very nice and it feels great to sit inside; as well as you can sit outside if you want to enjoy the weather. 

Another very good thing is that though this is in a mall, it is located in such a way that you can park right outside the restaurant. 

It was a bit far but I think driving all the way to have one of the best karak teas I've ever had was well worth it.

This place also accepts Zomato Gold on food! If you aren't a Zomato Gold member yet, use my code - UDITSS - to sign up and get a 25% off !


Chai and Co. Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Golden Dragon