Coffeetea Infusion Cafe

Confused whether to have a coffee or a tea? Now you can have a Coffeetea. That's the speciality of this aptly named cafe. 

I'm someone who liked to try new thing and I'm open to various combinations, but when I saw this one, it did take me aback I must say. Apart from being a combination of tea and coffee, it also has some cinnamon in it. The interesting thing here is that the coffee and tea are different layers (when served) and you need to mix them before having it. This one tastes like coffee; oh wait, it's like tea. It's both. Duh! I personally liked it and if you don't have any preset notions about it your mind, I think you will like it too. 

See how the tea and coffee remain as different layers when served (video below). You need to mix it before you have it. 

We also had the Rooibus Chocolate Coconut tea. Chocolate and coconut oil if infused in this tea as it is prepared. This too at first seemed weird but my friend ordered it, and when I took a sip I really liked it. It gives a soothing feel as it goes down your throat. The flavour of chocolate is very subtle. 

A more traditional tea form the southern part of India is the samovar tea. The tea is prepared by infusing steam through it in a copper brewer which gives it its peculiar flavour. This one wasn't too bad either. It is a little different from the karak chai, and you might need to get used to the taste of this one, but there is good chance that you'll like it. 

They also have juices and smoothies, and we had the Yellow Summer which is made from Pineapple, Mango, Orange, and Cherry. This one tasted really refreshing. It goes without saying that it was tangy too. It was a little thicker than expected; more like a smoothie than a juice. 

For light bites, we had the falafel wrap. For just AED 12, I think it was totally worth it. It tasted fresh, and the wrap was filling too. For just AED 5 you can add paprika fries to it. These were fried well and had a generous amount of paprika to it which I really liked. 

This place is located at the newly opened Waterfront Market in Palm Deira, and you get a good view of the corniche if you're sitting outside (weather permitting). 

The staff is attentive and helpful too, and overall I found the place to be easy on the pocket. 




Coffeetea Fusion Cafe Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?