Kulcha King - Karama

I'm a fan of Kulcha king since a long time and I really like their kulchas. I've tried out different varieties and they all are pretty good. I especially like the tangy chutney (sauce) that they give along with the kulchas. 

For something quick to munch on, we ordered a portion of masala papad. I liked the way it was generously topped with finely sliced tomates, onions, and capsicum. The topping were contained in the middle of the papad, and the whole papad did not become soggy as you had it. 

This particular time when I went, we ordered for an aloo (potato) kulcha and told that it be made crispy. This one was crispy but there wasn't much potato filling inside, so we told them, and asked for another one to be made. In the other one that they got, the filling was right, but they forgot make it crispy. Then we had to send it again. This kulcha was for my mom, so by the time I was almost done with my onion kulcha, she hadn't even started. She halfheartedly shared my onion kulcha which was by the way was pretty good. 

We tried the amul cheese salad which seemed really interesting. It had balls of fried cheese in it, which were obviously really delicious. This salad wasn't exactly healthy given the fried cheese, but it serves to be an interesting starter. 

The service this day wasn't that good either. The staff was not attentive at all, and they took more than 10 minutes to get the bill citing the reason that they had just one system (computer) to work on. I still don't see why would that take 10 minutes. 
Also, when they got us the potato kulcha correctly done (the way we asked for), the manager had an expression on his face as if he did us a favour. 

For a place where I've been quite a few times, and I really liked, this experience was a let down. 

I like the decor of this outlet though. It feels sort of cute and cosy. 




Kulcha King Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?