Zaroob - Marina

We all love Lebanese food, and there are so many new restaurants coming up, that we're spoilt for choice. 
Zaroob has been a well-known name for Lebanese food since quite some time, and having visited other outlets, I can say their food is good. 

This time I ended up going with a vegetarian friend of mine for a light bite, and even I stuck to vegetarian. 

We had a foul jar this time. If you're familiar with foul medammes (fava beans), this one is similar; just that it comes in a jar. Along with it they give you chopped onions, tomatoes and parsley that you can add to it. You can also get hot bread with it if you like, just like we did. 



I've had koshari at other places, and it's always been non-vegetarian. Here, it is vegetarian, and when I saw that I realised that most of the ingredients in a koshari are vegetarian, except for the meat which is added separately. They didn't have meat in this one. Viola! Here was a delicious koshari. 
For those of you who don't know, a koshari contains rice, lentils, and pasta that is topped with tomato sauce, and some chickpeas. And oh, definitely add the crispy fried onion on top. 
This tasted fantastic. 

On one of my previous visits, I've also had a shawarma here, and it was really nice. I do not have a picture since it was a long time ago. 

I liked the ambience of this place as well. One of the good things is that if you're sitting inside, you can see them making the dishes in front of you. 

We went there in the afternoon, and it was a bit crowded as well as noisy. Also, the service was okay. When we needed to order, it was hard to call a waiter; but they made up for it when the senior staff member came and asked us if everything was okay a couple of times during our visit there. 





Zaroob - The Radisson Blu Residence Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?