Allons-y

First things first. Yalla. That's what the name means in French. It's been recently acquired by new management and they invited me to try it out. 

The ambience is kinda cute, though not girly which I really admired. We were the only ones here on a weekday afternoon so we were liking the vibes. If there are more customers though, the tables might seem a bit too close.

They have some interesting coffees and teas and those are their prime focus. Ironically though, I liked their food more than the tea/coffee.

The coffee that caught my attention was the Deconstructed coffee. I hadn't heard of something like this before, so we ordered one. What they got us is a shot of espresso, half a glass of milk, and a glass of latte. They told us that we need to sip the espresso first, then milk, then latte. I did. I didn't get it though. What's the logic?
Whenever I've had something "deconstructed", it usually has changed physical form as what it supposed to be originally, while somewhat retaining the flavours. This one though was each individual ingredient separately, and also all of them combined. I think you can avoid this one. 

Next, we had the Metro. It is a cold brew that has ginger "elixir". The cold brew is served in a mason jar and the quantity is a lot for a cold brew. Though the coffee wasn't all that strong, so you can have more than usual, although, the "elixir" had an over-powering flavour of nutmeg and so it sort of put me off after a couple of sips. 

The favourite food item for my friend and I was definitely the sun-dried tomato on toast. This also has cheese on it, so what's not to love. Even though we were clicking pictures for quite a bit and it was a while before we tasted it, it still tasted delicious. So you can imagine how good it would taste if you have it as soon as it is served. It comes along with some chips and fruits on the side. 

They've got a few pancakes to choose from, and we chose to have the one with strawberry sauce. It was served with berries on the side too. I had a bite and it tasted pretty good. The pancakes had a good consistency and were fluffy enough. 

It was only when we were half-way through that we realised that these are made of rice, and are more like appams, than typical pancakes. To start with, they're white. Duh! When I had posted it on my social media, not a soul realised these are rice pancakes. Not a soul. Then again, pancakes as well as appams are sort of bland by themselves and go quite well with almost anything, so it isn't that big a deal, but is surely something interesting. Did you notice it in the above picture at first glance?

I'm a fan of eggs, and the "Eggs and Bagels" surely made me want to try it. It is served with bacon and the bagels have a cheese spread on them. The bagels looked big, but were fluffy and soft, and were a treat to have with the fried eggs as well as the bacon. I definitely enjoyed this dish a lot. 

Last, but not the least, they gave us a blueberry roll which looked irresistible. One bite and...it didn't quite live up to the expectations. It felt chewy and not too soft. It wasn't bad, but we were certainly expecting better; perhaps given the fact that how appealing it looked. 
The owner herself had made it, and she was a good host. I'm a bit saddened to say that it wasn't all that great; but it is what it is. 

You could go here for the small and cosy ambience and the savoury snacks I guess. 






Allons-y Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?