Kebab Bistro

I thought this place was just about kebabs before I was invited here. This is a Parsi place, and I was pleasantly surprised to see their offerings. 

The place isn't that big and can seat about 20-30 people. We were lucky to meet the owners who were present that day. The husband is really enthusiastic about the food that they served and explained us few of the dishes. They also have some fusion dishes that are catered towards the younger audience.

We stared with the dhansak arancini. Dhansak is a traditional Parsi dish made from mashed vegetables and dal (pulses). So this dish had the dhansak along with arancini, i.e. the Italian fried ball of rice. This was something innovative. 

The next one was the prawn arancini. What makes it different than the previous one is that this one had a prawn along with the Arancini ball. The prawn had a hint of coconut to it, and tasted somewhat south Indian style. The dish did taste good though. 

If you're a fan of fish, then the patra ni machchi might interest you. It is a pomfret that is marinated with a green paste made from coriander and coconut. I wouldn't say it was great, but good enough. 

The next item did totally blow my mind though. Fish seekh kebabs! I couldn't have ever imagined this, had I not eaten it here. There were delicious, and perhaps the best thing I had here. Do try it out. 

Then we tried the mutton seekh kebabs. These were juicy, soft and flavourful. 

We then tried the veg seekh kebabs too. I did not have much expectation from this one, but it did turn out really nice. I could taste a lot of potato and since I love potato, I really liked this one. 

I think I can safely say that the word "Kebab" in their name is justified. 

After this we had the chicken malai boti. This one was soft, and the malai definitely made this taste creamy. I liked the fact that it did not have any overpowering masalas, but the chicken itself tasted good with the malai.

We couldn't possibly leave this place without trying out the famous Parsi speciality - the dhansak. This wasn't a fusion dish unlike the first one, but the regular dhasnsak which also contains mutton. This is served with rice, and you must try out this dish too. It taste somewhat like dal rice but much more flavourful given the fact that there are more vegetables in the dhansak, and also the mutton. 

They also have a vegetarian version of the dhansak, which was similar but tasted just about okay. I think it was the mutton that did all the magic in the previous one. 

For the dessert, we had the Parsi lagan nu custard. As the name say, it is a type of custard that has a jelly-like consistency. It has some spices like cinnamon in it which were prominent. The taste was quite good, and it is worth a try. 

The second one was the ravo. It is amde from rava (semolina), and is somewhat like a suji halwa, but white in colour. The taste was okay. 

A good place overall. And if you haven't guessed already, you should certainly have their kebabs. 



Kebab Bistro Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

Unknown said…
Thanks a lot Famished Explorer for this elaborate blog.
We look forward to welcome you again.

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?