Sushi Sushi - Century Village

There are a lot of sushi places around town but this one has been around for over 17 years! Yes, really long time. I was invited to try out the sushi from one of the oldest sushi places in town. The ambience of Sushi Sushi has a red theme to it giving a very Asian feel; though the interiors do look old now (duh) and are a tad bit dimly lit.

It is located in Century Village which itself is a charm of its own. There are half a dozen restaurants here and you can see trees planted in between them which gives a very pleasant feel. Most of the restaurants have an outdoor smoking zone where they serve shisha, including this one. The place also serves alcohol if you like a drink or two ...or five.

They also have the conveyor belt sushi if that's what you prefer. You can also see the chefs making some of the dishes in front of you.

They got us a sushi platter so we could taste some of their star dishes.

I first tried the crunchy prawn and I really liked the crunch that it had to it. It is topped with some avocado julienne.

The volcano roll was the chef's special. It was a tad bit spicy and I really liked that.

An interesting name for one of them was after shock. This one has spicy tuna and crab-stick. It tasted shockingly nice! It had a burst of flavours to it and I really enjoyed it.

We also tried three of their sushis (nigiri) - prawn, tuna, and salmon. The prawn was my favourite, followed by salmon, and then the tuna. Usually I don't like the salmon sushi much, but this was really good.

There was the tuna sashimi and the salmon sashimi - both of which was good enough.
I also had cuttlefish sashimi for the first time, and I wouldn't say I was a big fan since I found the texture a bit harder comparatively; but if you might like it if that's the texture you're looking for. 

I've had the California roll a few times, but I really liked the one here.
And if that wasn't enough, there was also the crunchy california that was even better. The complementing texture of the crunch on top gives a great feel to it.

An interesting dish that I had was the prawn and calamari tempura. Usually I've just had a tempura of either one, but not both. This certainly was delicious. Also, I liked the calamari more than the prawns considering i don't like it all that much at a lot of other places.

We had Japanese fried rice too which again was a first for me. It tasted different from the Chinese one, albeit pretty good.

Moving on to the sweet endings, we first had the mochi. We had the green-tea flavour and the mango. I liked the green-tea more. Overall, the mochi was good enough, though I've had better.

The creme brulee was really nice though. The crisp layer on the top combined with the soft custard below was done just right.

The star of the dessert was the ice-cream. You may wonder what's so special?! It's the fact that one of them was ginger flavoured and the other one was green-tea flavoured. Both were fantastic. I especially liked the ginger. Do not leave without trying this out. It obviously isn't that's fancy looking, but it sure leaves its magic on your tongue.






Sushi Sushi Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oakberry Acai Bowls

Humpty Dumpty - desi Chinese

Baku food : What did I eat in Azerbaijan?